Kole Kole Pass in Hawaii

Urban exploration outside of the Ozarks area
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Kole Kole Pass in Hawaii

Post by RedRook »

I found a cave high up in Kole Kole Pass in Hawaii. Unfortunately, I wasn't prepared to enter the cave, so I just have some bad shots of the outside. If anyone happens to be headed to Hawaii, I'll give you GPS coordinates of all these things.
Attachments
This rock supposedly was a sacred rock. The locals say that people were beheaded at this rock for various offenses and rituals.
This rock supposedly was a sacred rock. The locals say that people were beheaded at this rock for various offenses and rituals.
Wooden stairway built into the hill side.
Wooden stairway built into the hill side.
Sign warning not to go any further.
Sign warning not to go any further.
Empty valley looking out to the north of Kole Kole pass. This valley was mostly empty.
Empty valley looking out to the north of Kole Kole pass. This valley was mostly empty.
This is a view back the way I climbed.
This is a view back the way I climbed.
This was above the cave on the ridge top.
This was above the cave on the ridge top.
This was an abandoned radio nearby to the cave. I looked it up, and it appears this was a radio tower in WWII. In fact Japanese plains flew over this very tower right before bombing the infantry base beyond the mountain.
This was an abandoned radio nearby to the cave. I looked it up, and it appears this was a radio tower in WWII. In fact Japanese plains flew over this very tower right before bombing the infantry base beyond the mountain.
This was a GPS marker hammered in right at the entrance to the cave. There is no litter, no graffiti, just this.
This was a GPS marker hammered in right at the entrance to the cave. There is no litter, no graffiti, just this.
It is hard to make out, because the inside walls didn't show up on the photograph for some reason. The back left side is actually a cave entrence.
It is hard to make out, because the inside walls didn't show up on the photograph for some reason. The back left side is actually a cave entrence.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: Kole Kole Pass in Hawaii

Post by mindwaave »

Awesome!
Preservation over plunder.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Kole Kole Pass in Hawaii

Post by SubLunar »