Beware the evil grain bins of the NEW WORLD ORDER!

Urban exploration in Arkansas
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Beware the evil grain bins of the NEW WORLD ORDER!

Post by gimpface »

A couple of years ago my fiance had to do some research on the Denver International Airport for an art class. Yes, an art class. The DIA has some awesomely freaky murals.
Anytime we'd google it, all these entertainingly weird-ass conspiracy sites came up, most of which claimed the DIA had huge underground areas to be used as concentration camps (some of this is due to the scary murals). The DIA undoubtedly has large underground areas (as nearly all large airports do), but I sincerely doubt they are containment facilities. However, the idea of concentration camps of American soil does have a certain amount of merit, mostly due to a chapter of history straight out of Orwell.
In 1984 (No kidding, that's the actual year) an emergency plan called REX-84 was concieved by none other than Col. Oliver North himself. This plan called for martial law, the "temporary" suspension of constitutional rights and controlling the movement of the public. Luckily this plan was shot down for being grossly unconstitutional.
This is where the world of verifiable fact ends and all the theories begin. There are many sites that claim there are currently unoccupied camps constructed and maintained, waiting for prisoners. Here's one such site:

http://www.sianews.com/modules.php?name ... e&sid=1062

Scroll down to the locations section and have a look at the Arkansas listings...

"Omaha - Northeast of Berryville near Missouri state line, on Hwy 65 south of old wood processing plant. Possible crematory facility."

This caught my eye, as I only live a few miles from there. So I did a little research. First I had to find the wood plant mentioned. I happened upon this EPA report

www.epa.gov/earth1r6/6sf/pdffiles/0600124.pdf

which not only describes the location of the site in detail, but which might also reveal one possible source of this rumor. If you have a look at the report, some of you will be looking at familiar territory... it's the north end of the train tunnel at Cricket AR!
According to the report, after the ARKWOOD plant was closed down the soil and ground water was polluted with PCP and dioxin from chemicals dumped in the railroad ditch, on the ground, and in a sinkhole on the property. The original plan to fix the site was to fence in the area and build an incinerator on site to dispose of all the contaminated soil by burning.
However, the locals didn't like the idea of toxic fumes being produced so close to the elementary school, so an alternative was found: the soil would be shipped off to be incinerated elsewhere, which would also be cheaper than building the facility on-site.
The incinerator was never built and the EPA remediation ceased in 1995 (mission accomplished). So what of these rumors? I headed out there the other day to see for myself.
The EPA mandated fence is all around the perimeter. The only buildings on site is a shed, a small office type building, and three large grain bins. I was too much of a puss to hop the fence in broad daylight and the site has signs of being occupied (electric lights still working, trash barrel out front, etc.). I did snake around the fence to the back of the bins close enough to read a sign posted on a hatch. It said "DO NOT ENTER, YOU CAN SUFFOCATE UNDER THE GRAIN IN THIS BIN!".
Disappointed, I slid down the slope and checked out the tunnel instead.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Beware the evil grain bins of the NEW WORLD ORDER!

Post by Willard »

I hate conspiracy theorists... a bunch of crack pots if you ask me... All they do is stir up things that arn't there and make people nervous for no reason.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

Hey!

Oh. Right. You meant someone else.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Re: Beware the evil grain bins of the NEW WORLD ORDER!

Post by ann_marie »

gimpface wrote:A couple of years ago my fiance had to do some research on the Denver International Airport for an art class. Yes, an art class. The DIA has some awesomely freaky murals.
I did a search on google/images and only found two pics. Do you know where I can find more?
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

I would not get on a plane after seeing those murals. Totally creepy.
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

interesting side note...
Ever since making this topic there have been weird clicks on my phone that weren't there before. :shock:
Since I'm not a fan of conspiracy dorks, I'll take the L. Ron Hubbard approach and blame it on Thetans.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Come to think of it, I'm not a big fan of L. Ron Hubbard either. I'll blame it on a gypsie curse.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

sadly enough, deep down i half way buy into the conspiracy theory crap...but that's the price we pay for having a government big enough to "protect" us from the rest of the world.....they could, if they were so inclined, gather us up and eradicate us....and it starts with the "nobody who'll be missed" sort of thing.

ever watch the "fleecing of america"? ever wonder exactly what those multi million dollar "empty" facilities are for? ........that news segment is the main source my conspiracy theory arguments.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Fleecing of America? Never heard of it. What be it?
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

it's a segment on the national news that comes on at 5:30 on KY3...it basically talks about how the government is spending millions on seemingly worthless projects. e.g. building highways that apparently don't go anywhere or huge facilities in the desert for really stupid sounding causes.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Oh man... that sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out. I'm usually working at that time though. Do they have a website?
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

It's just the NBC news. Go to their website and see if they have any kind of archive or anything. There's so much bureaucracy in the federal government, no one actually knows what they're doing half the time, even the people in charge.

Anyway, great story Gimp! I take it you never located the camp then, if it exists. I'm not really a believer in conspiracy theories, as I believe the government is too inept to successfully maintain a conspiracy of any size or importance, but I do quite enjoy them nonetheless. Let me know if you find anything! That's something I'd definitely make the trip into AR for!
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I am a conspiracy theory... :shock:
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Nah, there's nothing there worth seeing (although I did take some photos). I took one photo that I believed would explain everything, but it didn't turn out very well. The shotgun shells were too blurry, and I didn't manage to get the pile of beer cans in the picture at all.