Cave system underneath El Dorado Springs, Mo.

Urban exploration in Missouri
RobertB94
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Cave system underneath El Dorado Springs, Mo.

Post by RobertB94 »

Heads up, this cave system is very impressive, and very remote. There are three entrances that I know of. One in the center of the park through the basement of the building located there, the other two (one on the South East side and the other on the North West side) through the drainage ditch. First located these when talking to my grandfather who used to live there. The SE entrance is grated but the sign above talks about the bat colony that lives there. Certain days of the year at sunset the bats will flood out of there. Why this system is locked off I have no idea, heard stories maybe some children were lost in there years ago. I myself have more trips planned. Note: If you want in, bring dry ice to crack the bars on the SE side (lol), bolt cutters for the NW side chain and lock, or a lock pick for the building. Will post pictures in a few months.
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Re: Cave system underneath El Dorado Springs, Mo.

Post by lolabelle »

probably gated if the bats have white nose disease
RobertB94
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Cave system underneath El Dorado Springs, Mo.

Post by RobertB94 »

Well the Rangers there always beat around the bush if you ask them That could be the reason why though. I have yet to find the colony myself.
RobertB94
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by RobertB94 »

No now that I think of it that can't be it, it's been gated for years. WNS was first discovered in what...2012?
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

RobertB94 wrote:Heads up, this cave system is very impressive, and very remote. There are three entrances that I know of. One in the center of the park through the basement of the building located there, the other two (one on the South East side and the other on the North West side) through the drainage ditch. First located these when talking to my grandfather who used to live there. The SE entrance is grated but the sign above talks about the bat colony that lives there. Certain days of the year at sunset the bats will flood out of there. Why this system is locked off I have no idea, heard stories maybe some children were lost in there years ago. I myself have more trips planned. Note: If you want in, bring dry ice to crack the bars on the SE side (lol), bolt cutters for the NW side chain and lock, or a lock pick for the building. Will post pictures in a few months.
I lived in Eldo for three years of my childhood back in the early 90's. I know of the two outside entrances, but did not know of the one through the basement of the old community center. The reason for the bat gates is because several years ago, some young teenage boys went back there and killed a large population of endangered Illinois gray bats. They ended up getting caught after they had grabbed a bunch of bats to keep as pets, and someone told the authorities. They ended up getting in serious trouble over it, and as such, the Eldo underground is a big no no if you wish to avoid serious charges.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid= ... 7648&hl=en
We are all just sloguns waiting to have our triggers pulled.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

RobertB94 wrote:No now that I think of it that can't be it, it's been gated for years. WNS was first discovered in what...2012?
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

paul06660 wrote: The reason for the bat gates is because several years ago, some young teenage boys went back there and killed a large population of endangered Illinois gray bats. They ended up getting caught after they had grabbed a bunch of bats to keep as pets
The hell is wrong with people?

THIS is why we don't disclose cave locations to just anybody on here.

Message to all newbs to this site: You default to shithead status until proven otherwise. Sorry, but it's gotta be this way.