Roaring River Kid's Day Side Trip

Urban exploration in Missouri
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Roaring River Kid's Day Side Trip

Post by RedRook »

I'm off to Roaring River for the kid's day this weekend. Does anyone know of any cool side trips while I'm down there to check out. Keep in mind I have a small child with me, so I'm looking for something rather simple, similar to hiking up to the spring.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: Roaring River Kid

Post by BROUSER »

Did you know there is a road exiting the back of Roaring River? It's a neat dirt road up the valley. I haven't ever really explored the valley, but it's pretty low traffic, and in that area I'd be surprised if there wasn't something.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

Slow Walker is probably a good person to make recommendations there.
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

Slow Walker is probably a good person to make recommendations there.
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

If only Slow wasn't such a little bitch who doesn't keep up with the forums very well.

That area is my specialty for sure. I grew up just 10 minutes from Roaring River and lived in the area for over 30 years. The road Brouser mentioned is a great drive, but I would recommend not doing it in a car due to rough spots and dry creek crossings.

Sorry I missed this thread back when it was relevant. Did you do any side exploring at all? What did you think of the park itself? I think it's one of Missouri's prettiest but it doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves.