What should i do in St. Louis

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

What should i do in St. Louis

Post by David Keetz »

so i'm going to St. Louis on the weekend of July 9/10
what should I do...what do i need to see?
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

RE: What should i do in St. Louis

Post by ropingk »

There isthe old Lemp Brewery
The Lemp Mansion
The Old Soulard Market--which should have a lot of produce tomorrow great place to shop
The Budweiser Tour
The old Welch Baby Carriage building
The Old City Hosiptal
The Old Packing House--across the river
The riverfrount
The Arch
Then if you want to some other stuff
The Science Center and Planatirum
The Zoo
The Majic House
The Museum of Transportation Museum(really cool)
i could keepgoing but not sure if this is what you had in mind
The Lemp stuff the Budweriser stuff the Old Soulard Market
welch baby carriage are all in the same area off I44
pretty easy to find and no one to worry about
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Then you could look at the new improved sstatium that some stupid people who are in power thought we just had to have it is amazing it will have fewer seatd for the common people which is what baseball was suposed to be about anyway more corporate seating which is all it is about now hight ticket prices now a family of 4 can expect to pay well over $150 dollars to get any kind of good seating we can pay $2 for a .79cent bottle of Coke $3.50 for a hot dog it is still a outside park and it is just plain stupid---that is however only my opinion but then again it is the one that counts
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: What should i do in St. Louis

Post by Anne »

ropingk wrote:Then you could look at the new improved sstatium that some stupid people who are in power thought we just had to have it is amazing it will have fewer seatd for the common people which is what baseball was suposed to be about anyway more corporate seating which is all it is about now hight ticket prices now a family of 4 can expect to pay well over $150 dollars to get any kind of good seating we can pay $2 for a .79cent bottle of Coke $3.50 for a hot dog it is still a outside park and it is just plain stupid---that is however only my opinion but then again it is the one that counts
I'm just guessing, but you don't like this new stadium do you?
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I wemt to the Game last night
$29.95 Ticket
$10.00 Parking
Soda $5.50 x2
Brat $4.75
Pretzel $3.50 ?
Probaly spent close to $100 with dinner and gas

It rally was a good game I was with a good bunch of friends I dont do it very ofter so I guess it was worth it
but the family in frount of us had 3 little boys probaly between 6 and 10 they had banners programs I have no idea how much to eat or drink and souveners(sp)
I actually asked the mom how much she thought they spent--over $250 for one night at a ball game
maybe they make a lot of moeny, maybe it is really worth it sharing,family time but this just seems really wrong to me and in our "NEW" ball part it will be even higher
SO I guess it is safe to say I may agree that the new park will be nicer and more up-to-date with big H.D. video screens more Luxury boxes and things like that but for the normal family they may never see any of it beacuse it is so expensive to go nad I thought Base Ball was suposed to be a family event maybe the kennedy family
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I forgot to mention

The price for a big can of beer was $6.75 I am not a beer drinker and that is a good thing
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Wow, that's way to much money to spend. Our new stadium, the Hammons one, I think my parents spent about $13.50 on tickets and a couple bucks on drinks. I opted not to go that day, I'm not a big baseball fan and our team kinda sucks. I know we definatly couldn't afford a family day there.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

So David tell us all what it is that you did do in St Louis

I went to the Ball Park the other night I was with some guys from work so i could not do what i wanted but I am planning to go back and get some pics of the
Old Hospital which is now Condos, the welsh babby carriage factory not sure what it is becoming but someone put in all new windows and a lot of brick work and the lemp Brewery which is still some kind of a storage/warehouse/distrubiting place it may be a little while but hopefully eveerything will still be there
bugo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by bugo »

At the west end of the Mac Arthur bridge there are some abandoned ramps and what not. The closed road deck is a couple of miles long on the Illinois side.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

That is a cool looking old bridige
if you think about how long ago it was built and look at how solid it was and how detail orinented it is it had to be something awesome in its day and like you said it is something to mess with now I have never been on it I have been on the riverfrount but not on the bridige
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

The MacArthur Bridge is cool! It was also one of the original bridges to carry US. 66 across the Mississippi River. It was the main throughfair until the Chain of Rocks Bridge was built, and then it became City US 66

MacArthur Bridge

My personal favorite however is the Eads Bridge!

Eads Bridge
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

The Old Chain Of Rocks bridige now there is something to look at? I may be a little older than some but I do remember my dad driving us across that bridige and it was scarry even when I was young but now it is open for walking (I think it is anyway) anyway that would be a good place to see some history--also I think that is where them filmed some of the movie Escape from New York but I could be wrong