Railway Exchange Building (Post for Photos/Info)

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
Jburr55
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Railway Exchange Building (Post for Photos/Info)

Post by Jburr55 »

Only been to a few abandoned places as I'm pretty new to Urbex. Fascinated with the Railway Exchange Building but online and even here I cannot find much info about it I feel like for being such a huge building. Looking for if anybody has photos of the inside either when it was open and functional and even abandoned. I explored it myself in January but with it being my groups first big exploration, we mainly went straight to the roof and came back out. Also looking for any info on that underground tunnel or loading dock I've seen posts about and maybe anything interesting that is in there to see because I plan on going back soon. I guess just give me some info on the building, tips, things to look for of interest inside, and again if anybody has any photos of it open/abandoned please share- trying to make a good central post full of info on the building as I haven't been able to find a good one. Thanks! (Will include some of the photos I got inside)
Attachments
IMG_9499.JPG
IMG_9499.JPG (49.39 KiB) Viewed 206 times
IMG_9511.JPG
IMG_9511.JPG (74.62 KiB) Viewed 206 times
IMG_9488.JPG
IMG_9488.JPG (46.98 KiB) Viewed 206 times
IMG_9384.JPG
IMG_9384.JPG (68.38 KiB) Viewed 206 times
IMG_9505.JPG
IMG_9505.JPG (39.83 KiB) Viewed 206 times
In N out
Chubz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Railway Exchange Building (Post for Photos/Info)

Post by Chubz »

Jburr55 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:59 am Also looking for any info on that underground tunnel or loading dock I've seen posts about and maybe anything interesting that is in there to see because I plan on going back soon.
Someone else may be able to chime in with more info, but the tunnel that I'm aware was underneath Tucker from Cass Ave to the railyard by 64. It had loading docks to adjacent buildings (like the Post Dispatch) but I don't recall ever hearing it went as far east as railway exchange.

https://stlouispatina.com/tucker-tunnel/
ultimate lurker