New to the Site

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
gnar_hesh
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

New to the Site

Post by gnar_hesh »

Hey there everybody, new guy here! I found this site a couple of weeks ago, and figured it wouldn't hurt to get involved in the community.

I started to UE STL around the time that the pandemic started, and casual hobby quickly turned to addiction. I subscribe to a lot of the same "rules" that are promoted here on the site - leave only footprints, take only pictures, trespassing is one thing B&E is another, 3 hours of Google-Fu per every one hour of foot-in-boot.

I have hit most the of the popular spots already - J*****own M*ll, Cle****** Hi******ol, Cen**** Hi******ol, Sp*vey, all the Bob Casilly stuff, all the Northside schools that closed in 2003, etc. The other day down by the river I stumbled across the USS Inaugural quite by accident, and was so stoked to get to have seen it after Googling some of the history! I wish I had gotten into this hobby in time to see places like Lever Soap, Carondolet Coke and Armour Meat - industrial sites are of particular interest to me.

I recently started a new job that puts me on the road in the MO/IL area at least once a week. I've started getting out to places like Peoria, both of the Springfields, Jeff City. I figured it'd be cool to get out and see some bandos and caves while I'm at it, so if anybody has good intel I welcome it. Thanks!

At any rate, glad to be here, and am looking forward to sharing, contributing, and interacting with everyone here. Cheers!
Would you like to know more?

IG:@Gnarlord_of_the_Wasteland
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: New to the Site

Post by SubLunar »

Hell yeah dude. Welcome to the forum. Things are a bit strange here right now with the plain/default style of the boards and whatnot but it's coming back together slowly after being broken by a php update. Not a lot of activity here day to day but there's still an active core of users here who check in most days and have things to contribute. But yeah I've been doing some local travel for work in the MO/IL regions myself and found some potential new locations for the ol' to-do list just yesterday. It's a good region for exploring that's for sure. Let's get into some new stuff in '21!