Looking for somewhere to film a movie

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
thefinalcollector
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Looking for somewhere to film a movie

Post by thefinalcollector »

So I've done a good amount of urban exploring in the past, and I'm looking for somewhere in around a 20 mile radius from South County to film a part of my short film. It's a found footage horror flick, and I need somewhere spooky, but somewhat displaced from people, because the specific portion I'm filming will have genuine reactions. What I mean by that is I'll be bringing my actors into this abandoned place and get some other people to put on masks and stuff to actually scare them. Today I'll be visiting Carr School, Cotton Belt Freight Depot and Old Wellston High School, but I am definitely open to any suggestions, especially since the first two locations mentioned might be dangerous due to the area they're in, especially around dark which is when I plan to film.

Btw I'm doing this for filmfest at my high school, nothing super professional lol.
Headframe Hunters
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: Looking for somewhere to film a movie

Post by Headframe Hunters »

Glen Park North mine near Pevely would be great for that!
In loving memory of Nichole - 12/4/1996 -- 12/1/2017

https://headframehunters.blogspot.com/
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Looking for somewhere to film a movie

Post by SubLunar »

Not to sound alarmist, but Carr school is a pretty rough area to be in during the broad daylight. I've had some pretty fucked up encounters there in the middle of the day.
thefinalcollector
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Headframe Hunters wrote:Glen Park North mine near Pevely would be great for that!
Hmm, not able to find it on Google Maps, could you possibly send the coordinates? And is it abandoned?
thefinalcollector
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Looking for somewhere to film a movie

SubLunar wrote:Not to sound alarmist, but Carr school is a pretty rough area to be in during the broad daylight. I've had some pretty fucked up encounters there in the middle of the day.
Hmm, when I went there at night it didn't seem too bad, it's near a park and it's not too far from Washington Avenue, when we went in the school we didn't see anyone (although I swore I heard movement on the 2nd floor)... none of this equates to a necessarily safe area for sure, and my number one fear is just finding a homeless person inside when we do go to film. Either way, I'm interested to hear your experiences
Headframe Hunters
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Headframe Hunters »

thefinalcollector wrote:
Headframe Hunters wrote:Glen Park North mine near Pevely would be great for that!
Hmm, not able to find it on Google Maps, could you possibly send the coordinates? And is it abandoned?
38.316480°N 90.377822°W

Yes, it's abandoned. I remember the roof being good, and lighting is excellent thanks to how relatively shallow it is.
In loving memory of Nichole - 12/4/1996 -- 12/1/2017

https://headframehunters.blogspot.com/