Eads Railroad Tunnel

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Eads Railroad Tunnel

Post by lzrturbo91 »

its not all that hard hold the rope and walk up the wall - everyone thinks its hard why ?
i could climb up that thing with no legs- but im almost sure when we get down there we will find other ways into the station
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Eads Railroad Tunnel

Post by ropingk »

Well if you are talking about using the rope to HELP walk up a 300 foot climb Ok I might could do that however if you are talking about a 300 foot free rope climb Id probaly really like to see that---it is really hard on us olded fat folks :lol:
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

see im not all that older and im not fat at all and im in the army ... life is easyier for us littler guys when doing what we do - but ya you have rope ?
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Would you need like a 1 inch cotton rope??? or something like a 1/2 poly?????
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

300 feet of rope to get into a tunnel :shock: ? Could you elaborate? I'm sure you must've meant 30' of rope. Why so much rope lzr? I have a 70 meter dynamic climbing rope also 150' and 50' foot sections of static rope (I have ascending gear too), but won't be back in St Louis until the end of November. I'd totally be down for a mission like that if the bust factor isn't too high.
White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

no its not but ill be gone then for like 5 month at around the beginning of nov. - i think but its subject to change- so i might be around - but 150 ft might work but well have to see and umm ya i cannot get in trouble cause i risk getting kicked out of the army .... and that would be bad
Jamesw
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Jamesw »

The risk of getting caught doing this is not high at all. You may have to run 100-200 yards within a 4 minute time frame but that is it. Once you are to the "drop in" point there is nothing to worried about.
-2008 St.Mary's Championship longest drive winner-
White Rabbit wrote:Funniest part: I actually had to stand up on my tippy-toes to remove myself from the pipe..
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

lol just dont look down -
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

james where have you been call me sometime! im off for the next 3 days
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Okay, you guys have me curious as hell.
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

its a conspiracy theroy of mine - but if im right it would be cool as shit - like a mile of more of underground tunnel from union station to the eads bridge - i know where both entrances are - but i would rather enter one cause i know where the one is in union station and its not so much fun - just ask james and it would take around an hour to walk/crawl threw to the other side - but all i need is ropes and ill take whoever wants there - lets get on this shit and well go - rabbit you should be due to come up to stl about now you told me you were going to come up a while agoe - well bring you along - this will be my last hoorah before i leave - but i need rope thats all oh and maby a harness would help
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

Conspiracy?

There is an underground tunnel from (near) Union Station to the Eads Bridge. It's called the Metrolink (former St. Louis Terminal Railroad) tunnel. You can ride through it for like $1, and though the trains stop running a 1 A.M., they stage trains for the next day's run and do maintenance checks all night until they start running again at around 4 A.M.

Are these the tunnel you're talking about or are they something else?
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

nope why would i want to go down a metro link tunnel ? think before you say things like that ....
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Eads Railroad Tunnel

Post by White Rabbit »

lzrturbo91 wrote:its a conspiracy theroy of mine - but if im right it would be cool as shit - like a mile of more of underground tunnel from union station to the eads bridge - i know where both entrances are - but i would rather enter one cause i know where the one is in union station and its not so much fun - just ask james and it would take around an hour to walk/crawl threw to the other side - but all i need is ropes and ill take whoever wants there - lets get on this shit and well go - rabbit you should be due to come up to stl about now you told me you were going to come up a while agoe - well bring you along - this will be my last hoorah before i leave - but i need rope thats all oh and maby a harness would help
PM'ed you about it.
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

i responded to it sorry i dont check them alot.....