The library is linking to us!

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

The library is linking to us!

Post by White Rabbit »

I was going through the referrer logs today, which I do every so often to see where our links were coming from, and I noticed a few from these links:

http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri. ... albino.cfm
http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri. ... winoka.cfm

Check the bottom of both those pages. See anything interesting?

The library is linking to us! How friggin' cool is that? That's like the biggest compliment ever that they consider the site a credible enough source of information to link to us off their site. I even called the guy at the library to thank him for it (and to tell him the link address was a little different now).

Made my fucking day :P
Spectral
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: The library is linking to us!

Post by Spectral »

Holy crap man! You're bound to get some fame and recognition just from that... If KY3 or some other news station wanted to interview you, would you do it? :D
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: The library is linking to us!

Post by White Rabbit »

Raven wrote:Holy crap man! You're bound to get some fame and recognition just from that... If KY3 or some other news station wanted to interview you, would you do it? :D
Are you kidding? I'm a whore for that stuff. I'd do it in a freaking second :p As long as I could wear a mask, anyway.

The question is... Would YOU join me?
Spectral
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Spectral »

The question is... Would YOU join me?
Touché. :P I'd have to say I wouldn't feel that comfortable doing a live interview. Wearing a mask would make me feel like a terrorist or something, heh. Now as for an appearance in the News-Leader, that might be cool.

I really wouldn't be surprised if KY3 does contact you sometime though. They've had some really different stories in the past, including a report on hauntings in the old Tower Theatre. :)
James the Red
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by James the Red »

those referals are just poeople going to your site from that lcation on the web, but I havent lookedat them yet. I get referals from my site from some very strange places. Glad to see you back up and getting busy tho!
just another fly on the wall of life

Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I'd do it without a mask! Of course, I've never driven a borrowed truck through a mine, and I don't have any private eyes on my tail (so far as I know). They wouldn't want to talk to a small-time trespasser like me anyway, unless I could pass myself off as a reputable spelunker.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Actually, I was singing your praises to this lady I know who's a producer at KY3 the other day, telling her about the site and whatnot. I wasn't so specific as to be incriminating, but I thought I might be able to score you an interview or something. Unfortunately, she didn't bite.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Sertile wrote:Actually, I was singing your praises to this lady I know who's a producer at KY3 the other day, telling her about the site and whatnot. I wasn't so specific as to be incriminating, but I thought I might be able to score you an interview or something. Unfortunately, she didn't bite.
Heh, awesome. Thanks for trying anyway. I'd love for them to do something like that. The hits would go through the roof. I'd be begging all you guys to go on with me, though, because I'm phobic about crap like that.
Jermy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Jermy »

thats really cool.u should get some recogizion for this man ... so havea u gotten any new users from this? :?
....i was in a cave...(i saw a boomeragne getting larger then it hit me)
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Jermy wrote:thats really cool.u should get some recogizion for this man ... so havea u gotten any new users from this? :?
Mmm, there's no way to tell on the users, but we do get a lot of people every month that click through to the site from the library.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

I do believe that is how I found this place.
Kit wrote:I am old
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

You should just get everyone from the site who's willing to meet up and show up for the interview. So people realize that this isn't just some guy trapsing onto your property. But a lot of people who take it seriously and aren't out there to mess things up.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

I'd do it! Even though I haven't been as many places as most of you.
Jermy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Jermy »

yeah man that would be cool..or se up like a group trip to some were?
....i was in a cave...(i saw a boomeragne getting larger then it hit me)