Finally People Don't Have To Look Underground For Satanists

You can talk about anything here
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Finally People Don't Have To Look Underground For Satanists

Post by RedRook »

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/the-sat ... satan-club

It's about time the Satanists can be found in our Elementary schools instead of in the underground tunnels. Hail Satan!
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: Finally People Don

Post by BROUSER »

The more ignorant in my family (wife's family actually) are shitting in their pews over this. Except they don't go to church. They are just Christian enough to be outraged over this. Despite cheating on spouses, drinking, drugging, welfare cheating, etc., etc.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Finally People Don't Have To Look Underground For Satani

Post by RedRook »

Apparently they are just going to teach science, so it's basically a science club with a Rock 'N Roll name.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Do they allow Christians and other non-satanic religions to join the club? If not, some SJW's might be offended, run to their safe spaces, and threaten to sue.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Ah yes. The problem with any sort of religion inclusivity is that you can't just pick one. If there's going to be a satan club allowed, then there better be a flying spaghetti monster and whatever else you can think of club.

Hell, if you ask me there should be no religion in public spaces. If a private space is rented for whatever nutty religion is holding their annual poisoned Kool-Aid convention, that's fine. But you want to wear a burka out in public? Go fuck yourself.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: RE: Finally People Don't Have To Look Underground For Sa

Post by BROUSER »

SubLunar wrote: But you want to wear a burka out in public? Go fuck yourself.
By this logic, no crucifix jewelry, no I love Jesus t-shirts, no stars of david, no yarmulkas, no turbans. I'm atheist, but I'm also for freedom of expression. Wear a burka. Put on a crown of thorns and a diaper and drag some lumber around. Hell, get up on a soapbox and tell us all why we're going to hell. Just don't expect me to do it. That's all I ask.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

burka's hide your face and physical characteristics, which most banks, for example, can't allow. Plus they're fucking stupid. Want to conduct business in public in a civilized country? Don't wear face masks. Want to wear a face mask in public? Go fuck yourself.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

BROUSER wrote:By this logic...
None of those things you mentioned follow the same logic because the person is still recognizable with those things on.

Walk into any store wearing a ski mask, halloween mask, etc, and let me know how it goes.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Article linked below wrote: [The Satanic Temple co-founder Lucien] Greaves described Satanism as an atheist philosophy whose believers "feel it provides everything a religion provides to be legitimized as such."
Just to clarify what they are doing here; they are trying to separate church and state, they aren't trying to be included as Sub said. They are looking for legal equality to religion in the eyes of the law so that they can use the antithesis of Christianity to make people uncomfortable there by forcing the issue with lawmakers. They are getting the reaction they want from this announcement.

I'm Christian, but I'm also for a separation of church and state, critical thinking, not teaching religion in secular schools, and people being allowed to believe or not believe in whatever deities they want*. So I don't really mind that they are doing this.

Don't be confused by the quote, atheism can't actually be a religion since religion is the belief in a higher power or god(s) and atheism is disbelief or lack of belief in higher powers or god(s). I've also heard atheists make this argument before too, I believe the Amazing Atheist has said it.

And I'm sure Mr. Greaves knows this as well considering his statement says they are a philosophy, not a religion, just that they should be legitimized as such based on it 'providing everything religion provides'. I'm guessing he's talking about physical stuff, support, social, etc.

Article

* Except for Islam, since it doesn't work within the framework of 'free societies'.
Last edited by Nicotti on Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

-Ayn Rand
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

SubLunar wrote:
None of those things you mentioned follow the same logic because the person is still recognizable with those things on.

Walk into any store wearing a ski mask, halloween mask, etc, and let me know how it goes.
Is the point of your comment, not to wear a burka, only from the secular point of view of you can't be identified cause your face is hidden? Or from a religious viewpoint about the religions that see wearing a burka as an expression of their faith?

Cause Brouser's logic makes sense for the latter, not the former. And I assume he thought you were meaning the latter.

-Ayn Rand
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Also this:
Attachments
Coincidence?
Coincidence?

-Ayn Rand
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Nicotti wrote:
SubLunar wrote:

Is the point of your comment, not to wear a burka, only from the secular point of view of you can't be identified cause your face is hidden? Or from a religious viewpoint about the religions that see wearing a burka as an expression of their faith?

Cause Brouser's logic makes sense for the latter, not the former. And I assume he thought you were meaning the latter.
Correct. I was going for the latter. But on a recognizability level, would a dust mask fall in our out of criteria? Not sure why that occurred to me, but would it raise suspicions if I walked into a store wearing a ball cap and a dust mask?
― Ken Ham
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Are you walking in to Lowe's or Baby Gap?

Although, I do occasionally see sick people wearing surgical masks into places.

-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Expressing faith in public in general annoys me. But my issue is more with the former than the latter.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

I agree with Nicotti, fuck Islam. We need Donald Trump as president so we can exterminate all of the Muslims. HEIL TRUMP!

aka "That Guy"