Johnny Morris making Singhole Bigger

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Johnny Morris making Singhole Bigger

Post by RedRook »

Johnny Morris is close to making me actually like him a little. He's digging into the sinkhole that opened up his golf corse rather than trying to fill it in:
http://madworldnews.com/sinkhole-missouri-golf-course/
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: Johnny Morris making Singhole Bigger

Post by BROUSER »

Completely waste of time. He's looking for a cave. There is no cave. At least not a natural one. I'm sure there will be one when he is done, though. He's pouring a bunch of money into that hole that could be used on something more useful.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Johnny Morris making Singhole Bigger

Post by RedRook »

He's probably not going to find a cavern, but I'm still fascinated as hell by the idea of digging down in a sink hole and noticing how the rocks were shaped. The one downside is this is being done by Johnny Morris, so you are probably right. It's probably more about making some tourist attraction he can sell a story about, rather than just pure curiosity of what shapes the limestone and clay make under a sink hole.
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

I mean, haven't you ever looked at a sinkhole and wondered just how the limestone looks when it's being carved out by clay rather than water in an open cavern?
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

BROUSER wrote:He's pouring a bunch of money into that hole that could be used on something more useful.
He's pouring a bunch of money into local contractors to dig rather than saving it or spending it elsewhere. Plus if I had money to burn, I'd burn it on something I was curious about too. Is Top of the Rocks even able to operate the golf course currently?
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

Pretty cool to me.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

What he has is essentially a tube of dirt through clay to bedrock where the water will move under the clay and dissipate. No cave. If digging a $200k hole is cool, I'm taking donations and will start one tomorrow. There are better uses for the money. Just sayin'.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Unless there is a cave system existing or starting in the bedrock.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

I do admit for 200k, I would trick out an old nuclear silo before digging in a sinkhole.
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

But since it isn't my money, I'm not entirely upset he's doing this.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Nicotti wrote:Unless there is a cave system existing or starting in the bedrock.
In this case, there isn't. Friend of mine did a close look at it, and knows what to look for and how to look. No cave.
― Ken Ham