Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts
Underground Ozarks ForumUnderground Ozarks Forum
Underground Ozarks Forum Gallery Forum Blog
Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

Caves in the Springfield-Jasper area?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Underground Ozarks Forum » Springfield
View previous topic | View next topic  
Author Message
JAKACHAN
0-99 Poster
Member for: 1 year, 10 months0-99 Poster



Joined: 06 Feb 2016
Posts: 6

Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Caves in the Springfield-Jasper area? Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I am a climber who has just begun caving recently. My girlfriend got me into caving. However, we are running out of caves to explore and were looking at Whippoorwill in Arkansas or some of the Busiek caves. Anyone have any information they would be willing to share on those or any others?

Thanks!
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Back to top
urbannatural
0-99 Poster
Member for: 2 years, 2 months0-99 Poster

Age: 25

Joined: 02 Oct 2015
Posts: 25

Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: RE: Caves in the Springfield-Jasper area? Reply with quote

hey welcome to the forum!! have you tried ash grove?
_________________
stone balance artist, explorer, climber, cook...
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Back to top
theotherguy
0-99 Poster
Member for: 1 year, 10 months0-99 Poster


Gender: Male
Joined: 05 Feb 2016
Posts: 7

Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Caves in the Springfield-Jasper area? Reply with quote

I think maybe Sequiota does tours, if not you could always "accidentally" wander in
_________________
And, in the blinding darkness of the night, we may yet find love if only we look.
...
View user's profile Send private message
Back to top
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Age: 99
Gender: Female
Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 10229
Locations: TAG
Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Caves in the Springfield-Jasper area? Reply with quote

theotherguy wrote:
I think maybe Sequiota does tours, if not you could always "accidentally" wander in


Doling is the one that does tours.
...
View user's profile Send private message
Back to top
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Age: 99
Gender: Female
Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 10229
Locations: TAG
Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Caves in the Springfield-Jasper area? Reply with quote

JAKACHAN wrote:
Hello everyone!

I am a climber who has just begun caving recently. My girlfriend got me into caving. However, we are running out of caves to explore and were looking at Whippoorwill in Arkansas or some of the Busiek caves. Anyone have any information they would be willing to share on those or any others?

Thanks!


Besides searching threads here, you might consider joining a caving grotto, such as this one.
...
View user's profile Send private message
Back to top
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Age: 34
Gender: Female
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 1514
Locations: SWMO
Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Caves in the Springfield-Jasper area? Reply with quote

sequiota also used to do public tours during certain times of the year. the parks board probably can offer better info.
...
View user's profile Send private message
Back to top
JAKACHAN
0-99 Poster
Member for: 1 year, 10 months0-99 Poster



Joined: 06 Feb 2016
Posts: 6

Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Caves in the Springfield-Jasper area? Reply with quote

urbannatural wrote:
hey welcome to the forum!! have you tried ash grove?


Thank you for the welcome! We actually just checked out Ash Grove this past Sunday, the Entrance by the Water Treatment plant was flooded about 30 feet in, but we did go to the bridge entrance right off the creek/river and were able to go a mile back.

Nicotti wrote:
Besides searching threads here, you might consider joining a caving grotto, such as this one.


Thanks for the recommendation! We were looking into joining a grotto and did notice this one during our searches.
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Back to top
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Age: 99
Gender: Female
Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 10229
Locations: TAG
Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Caves in the Springfield-Jasper area? Reply with quote

JAKACHAN wrote:
Thank you for the welcome! We actually just checked out Ash Grove this past Sunday, the Entrance by the Water Treatment plant was flooded about 30 feet in, but we did go to the bridge entrance right off the creek/river and were able to go a mile back.


Did you hit Low Water Bridge while over there? The entrance is right off the road along the path on the north side of the Sac. Here-ish. Lots of flowstone in the entrance, then a crawl thru some breakdown to an L-shaped trunk (if I remember correctly). I think I posted pics on here some place.
...
View user's profile Send private message
Back to top
JAKACHAN
0-99 Poster
Member for: 1 year, 10 months0-99 Poster



Joined: 06 Feb 2016
Posts: 6

Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Caves in the Springfield-Jasper area? Reply with quote

Nicotti wrote:

Did you hit Low Water Bridge while over there? The entrance is right off the road along the path on the north side of the Sac. Here-ish. Lots of flowstone in the entrance, then a crawl thru some breakdown to an L-shaped trunk (if I remember correctly). I think I posted pics on here some place.


Indeed we did! We took that pretty far back until we hit some smaller passages up past a big set of columns and decided we would come back another time.

That was definitely a beautiful cave. Saw quite a few blind cave salamanders as well.
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Back to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Underground Ozarks Forum » Springfield
Display posts from previous:   
 
 
Jump to:  

Page 1 of 1




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group