Abandoned mansions "west of Branson"

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Abandoned mansions "west of Branson"

Post by crazydrummerdude »

This picture came across another forum I'm on.

Anyone seen 'em?
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: Abandoned mansions "west of Branson"

Post by crazydrummerdude »

..and this one "on the way to Bentonville."

VBJag
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by VBJag »

Wow. I'm guessing they stopped building because of the housing crunch. There's a subdivision here that's like that.
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

I just drove by the ones in the first pic the other day. I was wandering around on my way to Branson West. crazy.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Not mansions. Condos. I saw a story on the news about them. I should be able to remember the chief investors name; but I can't. Springfield guy, owns several buildings downtown.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

BROUSER wrote:Not mansions. Condos. I saw a story on the news about them. I should be able to remember the chief investors name; but I can't. Springfield guy, owns several buildings downtown.
Not that douche that got shot in the leg a couple of years ago?
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
honky314
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Abandoned mansions "west of Branson"

Post by honky314 »

are you shure that one on your way to benton vill is abandoned cuz if so im getting me a new trailer
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

Those are not mansions they're crappy piece-o-shit "McMansions"... burn 'em down!
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

I might have to check these out, anything inside them? I would guess they are prolly patrolled pretty frequently......
THE THREAD KILLER!
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Re: RE: Abandoned mansions "west of Branson"

Post by GlassCurtain »

honky314 wrote:are you shure that one on your way to benton vill is abandoned cuz if so im getting me a new trailer
I'm pretty sure the mansion on the way to bentonville is not abandon. The owner drives a bright yellow F650 and it's parked at the mansion quite often.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
tablerock
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by tablerock »

Indian Ridge condo construction in Notch were put on hold a couple of years ago. I know the former landowner and turkey hunted in the woods there before they cleared everything.

The name of the developer is Shirato out of Spfld.
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

Cool pics. The wifey said she remembers 'em from the last time we were in Notch.
"That old hag hates my ass."
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: RE: Abandoned mansions "west of Branson"

Post by ropingk »

GlassCurtain wrote:
honky314 wrote:are you shure that one on your way to benton vill is abandoned cuz if so im getting me a new trailer
I'm pretty sure the mansion on the way to bentonville is not abandon. The owner drives a bright yellow F650 and it's parked at the mansion quite often.

WOW TOBY KEITH lives there
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
GoldDuder
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GoldDuder »

Yeah, I haven't seen any evidence of the Bentonville one being abandoned. I've seen that behemoth of a truck driving around, but not for a good while, I heard he'd sold it. If you remember the short lived Hog's Breath gun shop that was just down the road from that house, he owned that too. A friend of mine told me he's quite the entrepreneur, and made most of his money owning a brick-making company when the housing market started booming from Walmart.
Yeah, well, the Dude abides.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Indian Ridge was supposed to be a spiffy condo area with a water park and marina, and maybe even a golf course. But funding fell through during the housing crunch a few years back and they literally stopped building it one day. Even though the construction trailer and contractor signs and materials are all still laying out there, the place is all abandoned.

Supposedly if the funding ever comes back they'll finish it, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Plus all those half built ones would have to be knocked down. It's on Hwy 76 just east of Branson West on the south side of the road. You could probably park at the bank and go explore the half built ones near the road without anyone caring too much. Or go closer to the lake where I think there are some finished ones.
Damn shame if you ask me. Clear cut the whole hillside just to make a mess, and not even bother finishing it.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand