Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
hyena
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Hi, new here. Question...

Post by hyena »

Hi,

New to the site from Springfield.

I have a question and hope someone can help me out. About 15 years ago, we went out to a party in the Mincy area off J highway and there was a run down resort type thing.

It was dark and a long time ago, so i dont remember much. I just remember it was out in the middle of nowhere and there was a giant cement pad and a swimming pool that was half full of nasty water, trees, and a car in it.

Does anyone have any idea where this is at?

thanks
Yeah Buddy!
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: Hi, new here. Question...

Post by BROUSER »

Winoka Lodge.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
hyena
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Hi, new here. Question...

Post by hyena »

no...thats in springfield...this is out east of kirbyville. you can drive right up to the area.
Yeah Buddy!
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

I'm fairly familiar with Mincy and have no clue where that would be, but it sounds interesting. I'll look into it.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lgoodin88 »

Are you talking about a house somewhere in Branson?

In branson there's this crazy house that is a really interesting site to see. If you've ever seen the movie Boogie Nights with Mark Wahlberg then you remember the house that William H Macy whacks his wife and her paramore in. Well this house reminds me of that house, rock walls, red carpet. It's straight 70's. The house has been mostly torn to fuck but it's a really interesting place to check out.

Across the driveway is a three car garage that could possibly have had a car in it, and in the backyard there is a huge swimming pool complete with cheesey 70's waterfall. This place looked like it would have been an amazing party place in the 70's and probably was. Who knows what kind of underground business there was in Branson in the 70's, if there was one at all. (That place has some pretty creepy secrets.)

I went once with my ex Adam and we found what looked like part of a methlab. I remember in elementary school they would show us pictures of what might be in a meth lab and the thing that stuck out most to me was the pepsie bottles with the tubes sticking out the cap. That's what we found, and it was full of what looked like salt. (I assume that's the meth, I'm not sure. I threw it into the woods because thats fucking crazy.)

Is this what you're talking about?
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

got a map or directions or googlemap pic of this place in branson?
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lgoodin88 »

No I don,t I'm not even sure where it's at in Branson.
RV driver
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by RV driver »

Apparently, south of town (Springfield) somewhere there's an old lodge/roadhouse or something where there was apparently some mob activity back in the 20s-30s? Friend of mine says you can still see bullet holes in the doors from the machine gun fire...
Anyone know anything about it?
Slipping the surly bonds of earth...
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

RV driver wrote:Apparently, south of town (Springfield) somewhere there's an old lodge/roadhouse or something where there was apparently some mob activity back in the 20s-30s? Friend of mine says you can still see bullet holes in the doors from the machine gun fire...
Anyone know anything about it?
Probably Killarny Cliffs. Do a search on here using the keyword "Killarny" for more info. I want to see the inside of that house so bad!
Fischbait
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Fischbait »

maybe the skaggs keeter ranch or the abandoned resort down deer lane
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

So how about a little thread necromancy? I think that the MSU Bull Shoals Field Station might be the place in question. I was doing a little research on the restricted area at Drury-Mincy and found that.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

No, what they have is more like a pond. There's a pool off of Fox Creek, but I don't think it has a car in it. Let me look and try to remember where it is.
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

The most resort area is the Royal Oaks Place:

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.5278637 ... m1!1e3

The pool is here:
https://www.google.com/maps/@36.532406, ... m1!1e3

But I doubt that is the resort area, and I'm willing to bet someone is actually living there. I was exploring the creek, not the place. I turned around when I saw the structures around the pool. I was reasonably sure I was getting too far south at that point.

The Royal Oaks Place is associated with Keeter mentioned earlier. He left us in 2014, but I'm willing to bet it now belongs to someone else in the family, I haven't tried to visit.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/news-l ... =169245891

So Gimp, you are familiar with Mincy, do you happen to know if there are any remains of the St. Louis Game Park down there? And yes, I am still talking about south of Mincy near Arkansas, not anywhere close to St. Louis. From what I understand, the only reason it was the St. Louis Park was that the investors were in St. Louis. I'd also be highly interested in any random information people have about this area when it was the St. Louis Game Park.
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

And yes, I already know about the library information on St. Louis Game Park. I'm more interested if anyone random knows something more personal.
http://thelibrary.org/lochist/periodica ... /sp97d.htm
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

That read on St Louis Game Park was interesting. Do the buildings still exist?