Hypothetical

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Beast
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Hypothetical

Post by Beast »

You're going down the street. Suddenly stopped by black SUV's. Group of guys in black surround you with weapons. You feel a prick in your neck. Wake up hours later in the woods, no idea where you are, all you have is the clothes on your back. What do you do?
I need to hit the lottery or beat up the guy who does.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Hypothetical

Post by Nicotti »

Beast wrote:all you have is the clothes on your back.
They took my pants? Those weird bastards!
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Celebrate my status as the newly crowned Lord of the Forest by setting the woods and everything in them on fire. I am the God of the wilderness; the flames are my disciples, the ashes are my saints. Go forth, my acolytes, and spread the searing kiss of my love to all the world, until the whole of it has been transformed into the blackened char of my perfection.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Hypothetical

Post by SubLunar »

the gimp wins. lock the thread.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: RE: Hypothetical

Post by BROUSER »

Yes, this,
SubLunar wrote:the gimp wins. lock the thread.
but also, not enough info. What season? What clothes? I'm going to turn this into a survival situation. Nothing to be done at the time about the prick in the neck and the black SUV until I' ve established my survival. If you wanted to make it more interesting, put me back in my home the morning after the abduction, just like any other morning. Then I'd have to actually think about what to do about the whole MIB thing.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Start walking
aka "That Guy"
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

gimpface wrote:Celebrate my status as the newly crowned Lord of the Forest by setting the woods and everything in them on fire. I am the God of the wilderness; the flames are my disciples, the ashes are my saints. Go forth, my acolytes, and spread the searing kiss of my love to all the world, until the whole of it has been transformed into the blackened char of my perfection.
+ fucking 1
Preservation over plunder.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

well to start a fire you will SOMETHING you only have your clothes
you dont knwo what woods what state or what country
spring winter fall sumnmer??? it matters

did you eat before you were abducted are you hungry thirsty do you have a headache?

is it morning night noon??
lots of questions and no answers
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

gimpface wrote:Celebrate my status as the newly crowned Lord of the Forest by setting the woods and everything in them on fire. I am the God of the wilderness; the flames are my disciples, the ashes are my saints. Go forth, my acolytes, and spread the searing kiss of my love to all the world, until the whole of it has been transformed into the blackened char of my perfection.
I walk on earth black scorched with embers
that light my path with drifting sparks. They give
a dance of rhythmic breath beneath the star
light's steady stroll across heavens barely known.

Bare branches smear my face with ashes,
the last remains of souls clad in green. I wear
my cloak of mud crumbled with movement
behind pearl eyes set on more blue horizons.

The stream drinks soot melting downward
on sunlight speckled water, a sanctuary from below
this hell of heat swallows me now knees
deep. My neck, my wrists drag vines en masse.

The vegetable diet of my beast's raving feast wraps
my flesh in thorn kisses tender. My blood in water
trickles out dying roots of sanguine release. Temptation
takes hold, I speak to my new lover, "My fire needs this."
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

How do we know we've been kidnapped again? It seems delusional to think someone found me that special. I find it important to test whether reality is what I think it is.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

are you saying you might be dreaming????
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

Or losing my mind. There's two problems with this scenario. The first is what I already stated, that I'm not important enough for a group to keep tabs on me and kidnap me, the second is that releasing a person in the woods kind of defeats most agendas kidnappers have. No one is going to pay for my return, because they don't have me anymore. They can't get any information from me, because they don't have me anymore. They can't guarantee I won't be around to do whatever it is they didn't like, because I'm not dead.

Seeing how I'm in the woods, there is an extremely high probability that the closest road or farm house is at most 50 miles away unless they took the expense to transport me to another country. The very first thing to do is to start walking, and use the sun or some body of water as a tool not to go in circles. Chances are, you are going to be found long before hunger or thirst becomes a serious threat, but that can be addressed when we get to that point. We're in the woods, not the desert, so both of those problems can be solved.
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

Nope.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

RedRook wrote:The first is what I already stated, that I'm not important enough for a group to keep tabs on me and kidnap me
You City has told you his secrets, that makes you a threat to Them.

They obviously captured you and installed a mind probe. Then deposited you in the woods to monitor how you would react to stress and survival, so They can better control the Human race as a whole.

Duh.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

Nicotti wrote:
RedRook wrote:The first is what I already stated, that I'm not important enough for a group to keep tabs on me and kidnap me
You City has told you his secrets, that makes you a threat to Them.

They obviously captured you and installed a mind probe. Then deposited you in the woods to monitor how you would react to stress and survival, so They can better control the Human race as a whole.

Duh.
Okay, but You City's secret was to take the nearest mushroom, run around naked with a trail of diarrhea trailing behind me hoping the trees don't club me with satanic rainbow lumps to my deluded forehead. If I follow those secrets, Them will clearly exterminate us to be on the safe side. So I think to survive, I'll do the smart thing and start walking using the sun to keep my bearings. Then when I get back to civilization, I'll get to work finding Them!. If I learned one thing from You City, it's that if you want to waste time chasing conspiracy theories, start by watching the movies.