Santa Fe Train Station

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Santa Fe Train Station

Post by whipping_post »

I have seen this depot for many, many years and was always curious to go inside before they began renovations. It is now, to my knowledge, open and again being used, so has anybody explored it prior to renovation or have any pictures?
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

RE: Santa Fe Train Station

Post by atron »

I haven't heard of this one, but I do know of an old abandoned station in Big Cabin, OK on HWY 69. Its looks to be from the early 1900's and hasnt been used for at least 30-40 years. It's not very big but would be worth a look if your in the area.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

RE: Santa Fe Train Station

Post by whipping_post »

The old Santa Fe station is in between Bricktown and Downton just north of Reno. It was abandoned for years but "thanks" to the Heartland Flyer, it's been re-opened. Since downtown can be rather scary at night, it was never on the list of viewings, but the Skirvin should still be.

Oh, over by Grand Lake! It's way the hell up there but since the partners I work for go up there quite a bit, I might have to take a trip. It'll cost some cash though, toll fee's aren't all that cheap and I don't feel like taking back roads anymore. That's what happens when you get old I guess. But still, I might talk a friend of mine into it, looks interesting.