Lost Your Car?

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Lost Your Car?

Post by RedRook »

So people think they can cross Wilson's Creek in their cars? Anyone know the humorous/terrifying stories of these over sized river toys on the south side of the park? I know the free entrance is over there, but is it worth losing a car over?
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: Lost Your Car?

Post by BROUSER »

I need to journey out that way. I don't remember seeing anything last time I went that way, but it has been a few months, probably. There is a sign on the road that tells big trucks there is no turn around point. I know why. I went that way one time, and a flatbed tractor trailer had gone down to the low water crossing, realized he couldn't make the turn to make the crossing, and tried to back up the hill. Rolled it down the hillside.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Lost Your Car?

Post by RedRook »

Yeah, I think the no dumping signs are constantly ignored as well. The leaves have mud on them at a surprising height. That creek's been flooding higher than I've ever seen.