Springfield cholera outbreak

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Springfield cholera outbreak

Post by gimpface »

I posted something here but decided that I may be putting someone at risk by drawing attention to a location.

So instead, can anyone tell me where I can find the graves of the people killed in the cholera (I think it was cholera...) outbreak that took place around the turn of the century? I'm particularly interested in mass graves, if any.
Last edited by gimpface on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: The Girl Who Lives in a Tunnel

Post by RedRook »

Yeah, that is the most dramatic portrayal of Cholera I've ever seen. I mean I know mass graves aren't clean, but at least it's not feces.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: Springfield cholera outbreak

Post by BROUSER »

Dunno if related, but I found this to be interesting: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... ff/pox.htm
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

Haven't read all of that article yet, but something about the Ritter Springs area immediately popped into my head after reading the OP here.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Ritter Springs area was the poor farm/place for all the hobos who wandered into town. In that article, the "Pest camps" or quarantined areas were created.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

hmm. what about that old building where Bryant College is? or was that another old poor farm?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bryan ... 8a92?hl=en
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

That one I don't know. I've been in the building once, but no idea what it was originally.
― Ken Ham