Cottages up by old Drive In Theater

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Cottages up by old Drive In Theater

Post by jammer_smith »

I've driven past these several times but stopped to actually look at them for the first time this weekend. Abandoned in the 70s I would guess, based on the style of the old furniture still in one of them? It looks like they might be torn down soon since there is a sign in the parking lot saying the lot is soon to be the new location of a swap meet. Or maybe they'll leave them up? Who knows.

Anyway, anyone have any idea what the history of these are? For now they are completely falling down and have a few hobo nests in them.

"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Re: Cottages up by old Drive In Theater

Post by lolabelle »

Theyre here on the site...I'd have to search for them. Little old motel cottages from the Rt 66 days, similar to those you see all along Kearney.
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

http://www.undergroundozarks.com/forum/ ... ge&start=0

this one includes pictures of the inside
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I recently realize there are some of these in Aurora, MO on old Hwy 60...coincidentally also near the drive-in...which is still active.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

remindes me of the old Coral Courts Motel compete with a hideaway gurage for thoes time you reallyl need ot be not seen
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
The Junkyard Dawg
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Cottages up by old Drive In Theater

Post by The Junkyard Dawg »

I assume those were an old "motor court" style motel that predates interstate 44. And I assume are located along the old route of route 66. When I lived in Pensacola, someone had taken a similar old motel and turned it into apartments
The Junkyard Dawg