Pensmore

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
RV driver
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Pensmore

Post by RV driver »

has anyone investigated Pensmore? I wonder how tight security is? My friend and I flew low over and around Pensmore in December around Christmas time. There seemed to be no activity there.
Slipping the surly bonds of earth...
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Pensmore

Post by RedRook »

Last update from May of last year:
http://www.pensmore.com/52314-update#/id/i7874563

With the inside being finished off, I would assume there is some form of security even if they aren't actively guarding it all the time.

It looks like at least people from TF Forming Systems are in a warm climate as I type. Still, I would be highly suspicious of alarms if I were you.
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

Keep in mind this building has two main functions. It's there to test a wide variety of new green building techniques, and it is there to exhibit home security techniques. They are going to jump on the chance to display they've caught someone around the place, and that isn't going to go well for the people they catch.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Pensmore

Post by Nicotti »

LINK! to the other Pensmore thread.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
ChiefHighlander
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by ChiefHighlander »

I worked there last year as the cleaning boy, security was pretty loose when I was there, but the guest house was completed and the owner, Mr.Huff, was moving in there. Other than that, there's security cameras in the basement around the tool room and the only thing between the house and the road is a gate that can be easily climbed if you are willing to walk about a half mile. Good luck!
And then it blew up and it was pretty freaking awesome!!
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

People really need to leave this guy alone. Good luck explaining to the sheriff that you were sneaking up on the largest occupied residence in the area to just get a peak.
ChiefHighlander
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Pensmore

Post by ChiefHighlander »

RedRook wrote:People really need to leave this guy alone. Good luck explaining to the sheriff that you were sneaking up on the largest occupied residence in the area to just get a peak.
He's right. Mr.Huff really is a nice guy and they do give tours occasionally. You're best bet is to try to find when one of those is.
SimonSays
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by SimonSays »

ChiefHighlander wrote:
RedRook wrote:People really need to leave this guy alone. Good luck explaining to the sheriff that you were sneaking up on the largest occupied residence in the area to just get a peak.
He's right. Mr.Huff really is a nice guy and they do give tours occasionally. You're best bet is to try to find when one of those is.
Couldn't agree more! I'm glad others feel this way too. I'm annoyed of all the theories and what not revolving Pensmore. And the theories about "Springfield Underground" frustrate me too. I'm all for questioning the world around you, and finding answers, but honestly the whole capitalist world isn't out to undermine society. Often times things really are as they seem.

Anyway, pumped to see some updates on Pensmore's progress :)
Cementland Veteran
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

ChiefHighlander wrote:
But they don't let you see the secret underground tunnels and FEMA/Reptoid/New World Order staging areas on those tours.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

Nicotti wrote:
ChiefHighlander wrote:
But they don't let you see the secret underground tunnels and FEMA/Reptoid/New World Order staging areas on those tours.
Those can be had through a small, under-the-table fee during tours of Hammons Tower.
We are all just sloguns waiting to have our triggers pulled.