For sale plot with disconnected Greenway?

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Re: For sale plot with disconnected Greenway?

Post by lolabelle »

Decomposing plywood could help. Nodding towards Brouser's fungal anarchy theory (i like it!), we found one of our largests batches of morels under 65 and 60, in an area where they'd recently chipped some wood. There was the nearby creek providing moisture, and that decomposing wood chips providing some great nutrients. Morels everywhere, within 5-10 foot of the walking trail edge.
ASK
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by ASK »

jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

Just off the end of a nearby housing development, you can find a ruin of some kind of old factory. There are large fully grown walnut trees within the structure, so it's been abandoned for at least 80 years (I think that is how long it takes for a walnut tree to mature). I've seen a few other abandoned buildings with a similar basic lay out, lots of vents around the bottom, appearing to have originally had two levels, an upper level with large double-wide doors at opposing ends. I can't figure out what it may have been.

37.179054, -93.376957 (To see the ruin through the trees you'll have to use mapsengine.google.com, which will disable the 3D rendered trees)

"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine