Gentry Safari Cave

Urban exploration in Arkansas
basshogz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Gentry Safari Cave

Post by basshogz »

Has any one ever been in this cave? Or does any one have any information on this cave? I've only seen from a far but i feel like this has HUGE potential. Any one got ideas as to let the owners give us permission to enter the cave? Im thinking along the lines of something to do with school or mapping...
s.sisco
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Gentry Safari Cave

Post by s.sisco »

Is it gated?
Btw I'm a douche. That is all...
Zeno
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Zeno »

I didn't know they even had one. It's been years since I went through the safari.

They're closing soon aren't they? Then again, I've been hearing they're going to for well over a year now.
basshogz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Gentry Safari Cave

Post by basshogz »

Its not gated but it's surrounded by wild life. I've spoke to the owners before and they're good people, they've acknowledged that there's a cave but they don't know how deep or anything of that sort.
GoFurther
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Gentry Safari Cave

Post by GoFurther »

Have you heard any new details about this one?
Zeno
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Zeno »

This would be a toughie with all the animals out there. I think I'm more scared of the emu than anything else though. I feel like mammals are at least somewhat predictable, but a big ass bird with razors on its feet? No thanks!

I remember reading a long time ago they were going to close the place down to run power lines or something from the power plant. Anyone know if that's still happening?
testube
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by testube »

The owners have been in a legal battle with SWEPCO over a high voltage transmission line that SWEPCO wants to run through the safari. As a result, the safari was going to lose so much land that they were probably going to have to close. But I heard recently that the safari owners are trying to appeal or file a suit or something. Hadn't heard about a cave.
jkm001
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by jkm001 »

Safari is open, transmission line has been run, SWEPCO ended up paying more than they wanted but less than the safari people wanted. It's not in any danger of closing.
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

jkm001 wrote:Safari is open, transmission line has been run, SWEPCO ended up paying more than they wanted but less than the safari people wanted. It's not in any danger of closing.
the section is closed off where its ran, but yes the zoo is still up and going. glad to hear that.
testube
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by testube »

Since SWEPCO finally admitted that the rest of the 345kv line across the Ozarks wasn't needed, it looks like the Gentry Safari is going to try and get them to undo the condemnation of that part of the Safari that the associated transmission line had taken over. Got my fingers crossed for them!

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltext-new ... tKrTVJinhQ
s.sisco
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by s.sisco »

I just seen a video on 40/29 news site about the safari. Apparently PETA is trying to get them shut down.
Btw I'm a douche. That is all...