Meet Up with a new guy?

All meetups, whether UE or non-UE, should be posted in this forum
Pepster
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Meet Up with a new guy?

Post by Pepster »

Hey what's up guys my names Alex, I was directed here by Baghead727 via his youtube page. I've recently found an interest in UrbEx but haven't had much success in finding friends to go with me. Most of my buddies are either too chicken to go or don't want to get up early or just don't have any interest at all. Me and my only friend who was willing to go went and tried to check out Carr School in St. Louis about a month back. We weren't there for 5 minutes before some random dude walking down the street confronted us. We explained we were just taking pictures and didn't plan on entering (even though in reality we had all intentions of entering lol). Anyway long story short he basically walked repeatedly around the block constantly watching us so we didn't get to go inside. I'd love to go with someone who has a bit more experience to show me the ropes to basically any location around the St. Louis area. I'm down for whatever. Any suggestions on locations to check out? Or would any more experienced explorers be willing to let me take along with you?
Pepster
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Meet Up with a new guy?

Post by Pepster »

I suppose you guys are cautious meeting up with someone who has never even posted. To tell you a little bit more about me, I work full time in the radio business and actually host my own show out of Salem IL. If you are in Marion County IL you may have heard me on the air before. (heres a link to my facebook page if you wanted to give me a like out of the kindness of your heart https://www.facebook.com/adubradio). Besides radio I used to do video but recently have stopped because I no longer have access to good video equipment like I did in college. If you'd like to see any of my old videos they can be found here (www.youtube.com/pepst3r) I did do one about Eagle Cliff over in Valmeyer Illinois that would probably interest you guys. Anyway just posting this to give you a better idea of who I am and to show you I'm not a psychopath or anything lol. Let's go exploring :mrgreen:
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Meet Up with a new guy?

Post by SubLunar »

greetings and welcome. hang around for a while, do research, contribute and exploring with peeps just tends to happen eventually. My schedule's pretty busy these days, but maybe one of these days I'll be available for something. Otherwise, there's some good people on this forum.
Pepster
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Pepster »

Yeah that's the vibe I get. All good found some new locations to check out from browsing this place. Hopefully I be able to attend some of the meetups.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Be sure to post your findings!
Preservation over plunder.