directions

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
RaccoonCC
Big Sexy
Big Sexy

directions

Post by RaccoonCC »

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew about a cave somewhere near springfield lake, and you get to it from a road near the Jones Fam. YMCA? I went there once when I was little, it was really small....but dont remember where the hell it was...anyone know how to get there?

Thanks.
Ashley
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: directions

Post by Willard »

Do you remember anything about this cave? There's a neat old one over by the Nature Center and then there's a tiny one over at Wanoka Lodge. Other then that I'm not sure.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
colt45
Shiney Hiney
Shiney Hiney

Post by colt45 »

Do you know how to get to the cave in the nature center??
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I have been to one small cave by Springfield lake. From the power plant take the tracks going northeast. It will be up about a 1/4 of a mile on the left, down towards the lake. Very, very small, and when I was there 20 years ago, had recently been used as an outhouse. My brother worked at the power plant, and told me there was another cave southwest of the plant, and we talked about going, but never made it. He said it didn't look like went back very far, but had a pretty impressive entrance.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham