Cave on East Sunshine

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
RaccoonCC
Big Sexy
Big Sexy

Cave on East Sunshine

Post by RaccoonCC »

Hey I was just wondering if anyone knows who owns this cave....we keep trying to do a cave cleanup there, and some guy on a tracter keeps towing the car. :?

Thanks.

Ashley
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Cave on East Sunshine

Post by Willard »

Where exactly is this cave at?
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Willard, it's probably the one we were talking about before. With the mine and the tea lights and all that.Close to Turners.
Anne has left the building.
Jesta
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Jesta »

There is a group of doctors that live up the hill from the cave, im sure one of them ownes that land. They were there befor all the growth around them and they hate what that area has turned into. We live 1/4 of a mile from the cave and we hear people down there all night shootin off fireworks and yellin. There was a kid that they found dead floatin face down in the creek about 14 years ago. Those doctors have caused us some problems but i can see there point too. By the way the guy on the tractor is the nicest one of all those guyes :shock:
RaccoonCC
Big Sexy
Big Sexy

Post by RaccoonCC »

So you dont think that the people mind us going into the cave? Where do you park when you go there?

I think some friends and I are going to go there and do a cave clean up. we went there the other day and got out about 15 pounds of trash in only 20 min. Its really messy.
:wink:
Ashley
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

GOOD! That cave is in SERIOUS need of a cleaning. I'm really glad someone's taking the time to do it. We removed quite a bit of trash from the Hall of Fame caves on Highway 60, but not all of it by any means, just the really big stuff.

As for parking, just park down by the railroad bridge. I've never had any problem there.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
RaccoonCC
Big Sexy
Big Sexy

Post by RaccoonCC »

Yeah, its really disturbing to see how some people have left these caves in such a mess. Hey, if anyone wants to help, that would be great....I cant seem to find many people who want to go, not many people i know appriciate caves....or anything in nature for that matter.

thanks. :wink:

Ash