Dogpatch USA

Urban exploration in Arkansas
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: Dogpatch USA

Post by BROUSER »

That be a shmoo. Not a ghost. A life form...might I say a hairless biological entity?!?!?!? Interesting read if you have time and the inclination. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shmoo
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

pretty intresting thanks for posting
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Aerohog
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Dogpatch USA

Post by Aerohog »

Reading up on the recent sale, it was refreshing to find that the last time the property changed hands it was because someone riding an ATV on the grounds got injured, sued, and ended up owning the property. Who says we doesn't have the world's greatest legal system! Where else can you be rewarded for your own stupidity?
Of course-Congress figured that out long ago.
Aerohog
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Aerohog »

AND-no wonder property owners don't want anyone on their land regardless of intention. We'd be just as bad if the shoe was on the other foot!
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

id be worst OH wait I am worse when i catch hunters on my ground I get the

Hey we didnt know where we were, ok so you are lost???? well not really losrt just turned around OK SO Lost??? and with out premission to be where you are how did you expect to get a deer out if you were lost??? well we kind of knew where we were so not you are not lost just knowingly tresspassing????
its not that i actually care I juist dont like being lied to or treated like im the idoit
brettp2004
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by brettp2004 »

ropingk wrote:id be worst OH wait I am worse when i catch hunters on my ground I get the

Hey we didnt know where we were, ok so you are lost???? well not really losrt just turned around OK SO Lost??? and with out premission to be where you are how did you expect to get a deer out if you were lost??? well we kind of knew where we were so not you are not lost just knowingly tresspassing????
its not that i actually care I juist dont like being lied to or treated like im the idoit
Gotta love lame excuses. I'm lucky enough to get to hear them on a daily basis. I was reading a little on the new owners. Should be interesting to see if they turn Dog Patch into what they say they are, or if it's just going to sit the way it is for another decade or so. I know when we checked it out it looked like it would be a lot of work cleaning up the property. It would be worth it though since it's a really nice piece of land.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

we used to have one of the owners on this site he was actually pretty cool( i think he was some kind almost a owner anyway) he did say they had put a lot of work into it and it he was hoping to get it open as a crafts thingeee I went just before it colsed for good and the train still ran and the old water wheel was still grinding corn but the rets was sad i went just after it opened and fished in the trout pond--you cayught them gave them to the people who cleaned them and cooked them i do remember the skunk works and the trash cans that looked like wild boars it was a nice park but i was 40 years younger so things were always cool
testube
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by testube »

BROUSER wrote:That be a shmoo. Not a ghost. A life form...might I say a hairless biological entity?!?!?!? Interesting read if you have time and the inclination. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shmoo
LOL, I thought we were talking about the killer whale variety. haha
testube
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by testube »

ropingk wrote:we used to have one of the owners on this site he was actually pretty cool( i think he was some kind almost a owner anyway) he did say they had put a lot of work into it and it he was hoping to get it open as a crafts thingeee I went just before it colsed for good and the train still ran and the old water wheel was still grinding corn but the rets was sad i went just after it opened and fished in the trout pond--you cayught them gave them to the people who cleaned them and cooked them i do remember the skunk works and the trash cans that looked like wild boars it was a nice park but i was 40 years younger so things were always cool
Yeah, I think he was the former owner who lost the property to the trespassing kid's family. Who knew that 4-wheelin' illegally on someone else's property would eventually net you $2 million?

Reminds me of that movie Liar Liar when the old lady describes a burglar falling through someone's skylight while attempting a break-in, and he wins a lawsuit against the owner for his injuries. Interesting times we live in...
Aerohog
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Aerohog »

Yes, Grasshopper, the rules are written by people who are of the profession who can prosper by using the rules against honest citizens. God Bless America!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Apparently there was a big fire here recently.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/at-least- ... 8_31412944
testube
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by testube »

Yeah, I just saw that today. They are investigating the scene for possible arson.
:(
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

The place seems cursed. :(
Kit wrote:I am old
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

The owner said he's not letting this keep him from refurbishing the place.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
rockhound92
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by rockhound92 »

I believe the first week of may the are opening the park for tours. Since its going to be reopened as a park they opened it up at the beginning of December.
Boredom is the deadliest poison.
WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY, JR