Dogpatch USA

Urban exploration in Arkansas
NDFIrish12
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Dogpatch USA

Post by NDFIrish12 »

So, I heard about this place from a friend of mine, apparently her dad visited while it was still open back in the 70's, it sounded really interesting. Apparently it's an abandoned amusement park located along State Highway 7; I was just wondering if anyone had heard of it or been to it. If anyone has any information on it I would be very interested.
Attachments
Dogpatch USA.jpg
FAQ!
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: Dogpatch USA

Post by BROUSER »

Do a search on this site (under the buttons upper right). We got Dogpatch falling out of our asses, although nothing real recent has been posted. But there is a lot of stuff.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
radguy
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by radguy »

Wow Dogpatch has been making the rounds lately. There is even a huge page on Facebook with lots of recent pictures. The park would still be open if it had as much interest when it was open as it does now.
radguy
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by radguy »

This makes me want to dig out old pictures of me there in the late 70s.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

BROUSER wrote:Do a search on this site (under the buttons upper right). We got Dogpatch falling out of our asses...
+1
NDFIrish12
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Dogpatch USA

Post by NDFIrish12 »

I feel like the free admission probably contributed to their closing aswell; thanks for the input.
FAQ!
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

so so so many things caise it to close it was actually dommed from the opening day but hey i was there it was fun id go back again
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

Imagine how fun Silver Dollar City would be to explore if it ever closed down. They seem very skilled at overcharging for everything though, so I'm not predicting I'll have that fun. If only all amusement parks had expiration dates
s.sisco
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by s.sisco »

O yeah silver dollar city would be great! That cave is huge. I bet you could sneak in sdc through the woods pretty easy. You can see the rd. from alot of places in sdc I've noticed.
Btw I'm a douche. That is all...
NDFIrish12
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by NDFIrish12 »

Silver Dollar City would be amazing! But they charge through the but for everything, plus they're owned by a larger corporation who I imagine would probably fight tooth and nail to keep them afloat.
FAQ!
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

NDFIrish12 wrote: I was just wondering if anyone had heard of it or been to it. If anyone has any information on it I would be very interested.
Last year was the last time we went. Some of the buildings were falling in on themselves, but i was actually suprised how much remains of the place. Took some pictures. Will send you a message.
Eagle90
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Eagle90 »

My wife is from Harrison and used to go all the time when it was open. She said it really declined when they made it more of a craft place than an amusement park.

I went once when I was a kid. I think it was last 1970's or early 80's so I don't remember that much about it. I remember riding the tram down the mountain and have vague recollections of some of the rides and one of the shows but that's it.
darko80
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by darko80 »

For the OP and those who haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3TeM0DNbxc
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

WOW and THANKS
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
NDFIrish12
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by NDFIrish12 »

Thanks for the input guys this has been extremely helpful. Anyone in a relatively close proximity to the park who would be interested in potentially putting something together in the coming weeks? PM and let me know.
FAQ!