Idiots posting ecact locations to places most people dont be

For things related to the site itself -- updates, problems, bugs, requests
Nightryder
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Idiots posting ecact locations to places most people dont be

Post by Nightryder »

I've noticed that a lot of people are just throwing all these fun locations wherabouts around the site. If people keep doing this every place that we all go to explore will look like winoka... just sayin... people need to be smarter and a little more secretive.

With all due respect to White Rabbit, nightryder.
Getcha Pull.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Idiots posting ecact locations to places most people don

Post by SubLunar »

Yep. I think people just want all the credit so when someone googles the location it shows their photos.

What I do is give a place a generic name. That way I can share the photos and not totally give away where/what it is. If it's a church, I just call it "baptist church" or whatever denomination. No need to use the exact name or give it up so easy. "mansion on the hill" etc.

Part of the fun is finding the places yourselves anyway..

So yeah, people, when you post pics of something, give it a generic name/information. Don't make it so easy for people to find and in turn ruin it for others.

There's lots of assholes that vandalize/tag shit up and they definitely get ideas from sites like this. I've seen it first hand. We can't keep them out, but we can at least not make it so easy for them.
Nightryder
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Nightryder »

Exactly. It pisses me off so much when i go to places like Winoka and the Jordan creek tunnels' hells kitchen and i see that people have had parties and vandalized and littered everywhere. these morons deserve to be shot in the kneecaps.
Getcha Pull.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: Idiots posting ecact locations to places most people don

Post by White Rabbit »

If there's somewhere specific being talked about in a thread about how to go there, feel free to PM about it if you feel like it shouldn't be mentioned openly.

To be upfront, though, that doesn't always mean I'll delete it. If it's a sewer tunnel or something that's pretty hard to screw up, for example, I probably won't. If it's some place that could get sealed up really easy or destroyed? Then I probably will.

But as a general rule, everyone should share this information via PMs anyway.
Nightryder
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Nightryder »

Thank you white rabbit. I will try and track the ones I saw down and pm you with where they are.
Getcha Pull.