Cave house in Jasper on the Travel Channel

Urban exploration in Arkansas
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Cave house in Jasper on the Travel Channel

Post by Kit »

I cant find the post with the info WR (i think) posted about the cave house down in Jasper AR. But it was on the travel channel last night. I just caught the very very last part of it but the inside was to die for. I believe it was a show on amazing vacation homes. I am sure it will be on again. It was just VERY cool to see something I already knew about from here on the travel channel :)
Kit wrote:I am old
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Cave house in Jasper on the Travel Channel

Post by White Rabbit »

I'm only like 90 minutes away from it. One of these days I'm gonna stay in it, but I gotta wait till I have enough money that I can blow it on something pointless like that without feeling guilty :P
StrangeBrew
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by StrangeBrew »

I work for a radio station and we are going to be offering a stay at the cave house at a reduced rate
in our radio auction. probably about half price. the
auction is each wednesday at 9am, but i'm not sure when
we will offer this package. you can check each week's
items at http://www.kcwdradio.com and if i can remember, i'll
let everyone know the monday before this item goes on the auction block.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

Yeah they have fund raisers there all the time. I've been there a few times. They usually have a silent auction to win a couple night's stay there. My parents won one of McNamara's paintings. You should check it out. It's worth it. I personally like the personal helicopter landing pad. :)
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I stayed there about four years ago, very cool place. They lock up the portion of the cave that continues further back because they have all their dehumidifying equipment back there. It's an awesome place. We had my daughter with us, she was about 6 months old. In the morning, we couldn't figure out why she kept waking up, but when we finally got up and looked at a clock, it was 9 a.m. Best sleep I ever had, and really threw off the internal clock, so quiet, so dark.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
colt45
Shiney Hiney
Shiney Hiney

Post by colt45 »

If this is the cave house i think it is i know the person that owns it. Its cool but leaks really bad
Last edited by colt45 on Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's no place like gnome
~Barracuda~
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Yeah, had plastic sheeting across the ceiling in the main room. But it's a frickin' cave, what ya gonna do? If you can't stand the speleotherms, stay outta the karst formations.

http://www.ozarkcave.com/gallery.html
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham