I'm a skydiver now

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
The Count
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

I'm a skydiver now

Post by The Count »

So I'm an official skydiver now, made 2 jumps and plan on going back for more, it was awesome and the people are cool too so can't wait to get my license.

I got a vid but won't let me post it. :(

Falling 120mph threw a cloud is somethin.

And when my chute opened, I was like crankin on them toggles I was pullin down as hard as I could, I would spin so fast like with me and the chute was almost horizontal, and major g forces when you do that it was awesome! So many things to say about it but I'm hooked!
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Re: I

Post by redox »

bravo...you are not airborne
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

God I wanna jump out of a plane sometime! I envy base jumpers
THE THREAD KILLER!
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Did you do it thru the place in Festus Count?
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Re: I'm a skydiver now

Post by liesreality »

The Count wrote:So I'm an official skydiver now, made 2 jumps and plan on going back for more, it was awesome and the people are cool too so can't wait to get my license.

And when my chute opened, I was like crankin on them toggles I was pullin down as hard as I could, I would spin so fast like with me and the chute was almost horizontal, and major g forces when you do that it was awesome! So many things to say about it but I'm hooked!
Yes, its definately fun. My first time i went during the day, and on my 2nd trip out they let us jump at night. I was watching out the window as the plane kept flying higher up, and before long i couldnt make out the building or area we were suppose to land in.
The Count
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by The Count »

Nic yes, I made a bunch of friends down there too.

And liesreality yeh when I jumped out I couldn't see my landing spot but when I got down to like 4000 feet I found it.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: I'm a skydiver now

Post by ropingk »

liesreality wrote:
The Count wrote:So I'm an official skydiver now, made 2 jumps and plan on going back for more, it was awesome and the people are cool too so can't wait to get my license.

Yes, its definately fun. My first time i went during the day, and on my 2nd trip out they let us jump at night. I was watching out the window as the plane kept flying higher up, and before long i couldnt make out the building or area we were suppose to land in.

Dude if they let you jump at night on your second jump you must have been in the service or something i jumped out of sullivan at the place where the plane crashed and killed some folks ( makes you wonder dont it) they were all about SAFTY SAFTY SAFTY no way on earth they wrer ever going to do a night jump
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

What was the cost?
THE THREAD KILLER!
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

the place i went to was $250 for 1 dive pluse the 4 hours of training
I thik it was called Quantum Leap and I think it is closed it was several years ago and yes it was a blast
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

Twail Wetard wrote:What was the cost?
My cost was about the same as Ropingk. It cost $200.00 to jump, plus if before you leave the place after your 1st jump, they will give you a discount on your 2nd jump if you go ahead and prepay for it.

If you go for the tandem jump, then training consisted of a video/waiver, and a practice jump off a bench, then we were up in the air. All safety/paperwork was done in 30 minutes. Solo jump didnt take much longer.

http://www.freefallexpress.com/Welcome.html
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

So everytime you jump its 200 or if you jump more in the future its cheaper?
THE THREAD KILLER!
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

RE: I'm a skydiver now

Post by liesreality »

Sorry for the confusion.

With the place i mentioned above it is 200.00 for your 1st jump. Your 2nd jump increases in price---they are trying to hook ya on the excitement of the jump. If you go ahead and prepay the same day as your 1st jump (before you leave) they will only charge you 200.00 for your 2nd jump. They give you a voucher that says you have already paid and it doesnt expire. They are really good about reschduling and not charging you anything for doing that, plus if it rains they dont penalize ya. I asked all the specific details for i went through them. I was lucky in that my 1st jump didnt cost me anything, because i know one of the workers.

They are pretty easy to get along with. They hold barbecues and invite anyone who has skydived to come back anytime to come drink/eat after hours.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

the place i went to it was $250 for the training and the 1st jump
and then $150 for the next on the same day
if you joined there "CLUB" i think it was like $125 and if you bought your shute from them it went donw to like $75 but the chute was big dollar and I think they are closed now
i only did the first it was fun btu man i had a really hard time jumping off that plane---read that as im sure i was pushed
everything worked and it was fun but you have to knwo that some time that chute is not going to open
Oh one more thing you do have to sign a weiver that if you break anything on the landing they are not responsable--you land at a pretty good speed
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

The tandum jump in festus is $125 plus another $40 if you want video and pics of your free fall.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
The Count
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by The Count »

No tandem is 225 in festus and like 85 for vid.

I did solo jump, training and jump was 190 took all day, and I wanted to go higher, I had no problem jumpin out, we got to altitude, he opened the door, this was all video'd cuz we became good buds so I got my jump and landing on tape, he opened the door, I was like a kid on christmas, I wanted to just jump Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo but I had to follow his protocol so I walked out to the edge of the wing and when he said go I went I fuckin wanted to jump, I fuckin wanted to do this for a long time so I was stoked the hole time, not nervous at all, when you see the vid he took that was of me I am smiling the whole time, I wanted to jump all day and then we finally went up and he finally opened the door I was like YAY FINALLY!!!! Was super fun and I wanna go again, and again, and again, and you get the idea. I was the first one out of the plane LoL cuz I wanted to skydive so bad.