LeHunt, KS

Urban exploration in Kansas
krboots
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

LeHunt, KS

Post by krboots »

Thought you may be interested in this 'ghost town' near where I grew up. It is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from the Springfield area.

http://www.interment.net/data/us/ks/mon ... lehunt.htm

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/OZ-Lehunt.html

A lot of the structures and side walks are still standing today. The links above give the brief history of the area. It's a great place to check out if anyone is interested!
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: LeHunt, KS

Post by White Rabbit »

Looks pretty cool. I don't have much reason to get out that way, but I'll probably check it out if I ever do.
JupiterCries
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by JupiterCries »

This sounds really cool. Hmmmm heh
Time does not heal all wounds and distance makes the heart grow bitter.
JupiterCries
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by JupiterCries »

I'm considering a trip out to Morehead next spring, and LeHunt is just west of Morehead, which is just west of Pittsburg, where my sister has a house. Thinking we might invade her place to give a closer start location :)
Time does not heal all wounds and distance makes the heart grow bitter.
SSUBlast
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: LeHunt, KS

Post by SSUBlast »

I couldn't find another thread for this so 3 hour trip to LeHunt yesterday and boy, was it a trip. When we first arrived to what we belived was LeHunt, we approached a old gate and some beaten path looken areas. We tiptoe past the gate, and continue forward. On coming up to a stream we found some old rock stairs and rock planting pots. We continued East and accidently ran into some hunters. Not so friendly. Chased us off with weapons, so we called the local Sheriff. Luckily enough, the nice lady gave us directions to the real Lehunt. All we had to do was mention we were looking for the old graveyeard for some Geneology research, and she told us to just put a note on our car saying what we were doing, phone number and name for contact, and when we got there and we should be fine. She said even though it could be considered trespassing, you can't prevent people from visiting cemetaries. My bud took a few pictures on his Iphone and is sending me them today so I'll have some pictures to add to this. Overall, it was a really fun trip. Although we never found the cemetary, we did found some awesome foundations of the old plant and at the top of the hill is the old quarry. We met an old couple at the top of the hill, who told us they were looking for arrowheads and indian beads near the runoff pools( which he told us he and his wife have often taken swims in during the Summer). I plan on making another trip back fair soon, although it may be sketchy with hunting season being abouy. JUST BE CAREFUL. I'll make a post before the next trip in case anyone else is interested!
The Bank Bailout Budget has more money then the 50 year running NASA space budget, and we don't have money for a space program?
squeaksman
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by squeaksman »

cemetery Lat: 37°16'28"N, Lon: 95°45'31"W or
37.2744444, -95.7586111
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »