Ever heard of Tapatalk?

For things related to the site itself -- updates, problems, bugs, requests
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Ever heard of Tapatalk?

Post by slow_walker »

Hey Rabbit, I recently downloaded the Tapatalk app because one of my other regular forums enabled it. It's a really cool app for logging in and viewing forums. It keeps track of your accounts once you login to each forum individually, so you can just pull up the app and click on the forum you currently want to see and it auto logs you in and makes viewing and replying a breeze.

It's a free add-in from your side and I think I paid $2.99 to download the app to my phone. Here's the FAQ: http://www.tapatalk.com/faq.php

Just thought I'd mention it and see if you were interested because it sure does make it easy to work on forums from your phone.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: Ever heard of Tapatalk?

Post by White Rabbit »

There's a hitch. It only supports phpBB 3. We're still on a version of phpBB 2. I haven't upgraded us to 3 because it would break all the add-ons that I custom coded into the forum myself. Besides that, I'd have to redo the color scheme and stuff. I've put off doing that for lack of time.

If I get time to upgrade us to phpBB 3 and fix all the stuff that will break, I'm totally down with this Tapatalk thing.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Ever heard of Tapatalk?

Post by SubLunar »

Just don't make it work so well that web content filters block UO for being a forum. Most forums are blocked here. For some reason UO has always been under the radar. I would pretty much die if I couldn't get on here at work.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Hey when you upgrade to 3 make sure we can resize images using the bb code, cause supposedly that's supported by phpBB, but it doesn't work here, which is occasionally annoying.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

Roger that.