Gardner Trust?

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Gardner Trust?

Post by jammer_smith »

OK so WTF is this place? It is clearly marked on Googlemaps, but I can't find it listed in the Conservation Department's online atlas.

It is to the east of town on the James River, just upstream from the Crieghton Fishing Access.

Can you camp/hike/fish there? Well obviously you CAN do all of those things, but are you supposed to?

I've sent an email to the conservation department. No response yet, I thought maybe somone here might know more.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
Robzilla
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Gardner Trust?

Post by Robzilla »

That's a good question. I found it on a conservation department map and it clearly shows it on 199 just north of 164. I happened to be in the neighborhood at Crighton this afternoon and took a side trip by. It looked to me like that road only had big houses, mostly gated, and a dead end, no sign of a conservation area off of 199. Anybody else know what's up with it?
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Re: Gardner Trust?

Post by DeathByMoth »

A Trust is special land sold by the Government on formerly State Park land. Different laws and regulations, as well as taxes, apply to these areas.

It may be like Saddlebrooke, down by Branson. They have a special zoning law that makes it a private conservation area, where only land owners are allowed on the property, but the standard rules of a state park still apply within. It's basically an intermediate between a State Park and Private Land. That may be what's happening at the Gardner Trust. This is often done when newly sold private land encroaches onto State or Federal Property. Often, the property owners will pay an extra property tax for owning this type of land.
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Re: Gardner Trust?

Post by gimpface »

Information about Gardner is pretty sketchy online. I spoke with one of the people whose property is adjacent, he seemed to think it was public land, gave me permission to cross his land to get to it. Suggested that the next time I go out to the Cook mine I talk to some of his neighbors about parking on their land since it's right next to the mine.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!