Info on the building above Hell's Church

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
flaviz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Info on the building above Hell's Church

Post by flaviz »

Hey, me and a few friends were in the Jordan Creek tunnel again because we find it quite interesting. When you go into a portion referred to as "Hell's Church" you are obviously entering the basement of a brick building. I read somewhere on here that someone heard a person cough above them so it is still in use. The night we were there, there were lights on that you could see through the manhole thing so we wanted to figure out exactly what the building was. Oh and be warned that if you frequent this area, there are some weird people down there painting the walls white then adding blood splatter and the paint was very wet so they are active; just saying. After about an hour of using clues and following where we thought it was, we found with certainty the exact building and room it is under. After searching the building and address on Google, I also found this interesting article where the city had someone inspect the building and it mentions that Jordan Creek runs below it and I believe that is hints that the portion below the building attached to the tunnel would have to be rebuilt. I do not want to give out the address in this post but if you want to know more you can message me. So as far as I can tell the building is being used but not very much and I believe that you can have access to a multi-story building dating back to the late 1800s without actually "breaking" and entering but I am unsure of the security they have. Well anyway, I find the tunnel and this portion of it very interesting and I figured I would post incase anyone else did too. :)
Last edited by flaviz on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

RE: Info on the building above Hell's Church

Post by liesreality »

I've been in the hells church room, but had no idea about the manhole. Very odd.

thanks for sharing.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: Info on the building above Hell

Post by crazydrummerdude »

That is awesome information, but for the security of the place, you might consider rewording this post to make it more vague. I need to check out Springfield some time..
flaviz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Info on the building above Hell's Church

Post by flaviz »

liesreality wrote:I've been in the hells church room, but had no idea about the manhole. Very odd.

thanks for sharing.
Yeah that night they had the lights on in the room but every other time the lights were off and we did not notice it there.

crazy: Yeah thanks it was 5:12am when I posted that and I had not slept the night before either lol. I updated it but if anyone wants to know more, feel free to message me.
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

RE: Info on the building above Hell's Church

Post by liesreality »

That is strange.
After talking with the other person who went with you, i agree that sticking your head out of the mahole into the building, might scare anyone on the other side---not sure what they would do.
flaviz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Info on the building above Hell's Church

Post by flaviz »

liesreality wrote:That is strange.
After talking with the other person who went with you, i agree that sticking your head out of the mahole into the building, might scare anyone on the other side---not sure what they would do.
Yeah but at midnight, no one should be there. I really want to explore the building but would be worried about motion sensor alarms and stuff which are not uncommon. I guess they are hard to miss though too; if you see a camera or sensor, back into the manhole lol.
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

The building above is the Springfield National audio building. It is certainly still in use, and the people working in the building are aware of the hollow space below. I remember reading somewhere about people working in the building always knowing when the teenagers were sneaking into the room below to smoke because they could smell it up through the floor boards.

I doubt you can actually get up into the building from below, surly any ways in have been sealed, and the man-hole you are refering to probably leads to the street not into the building, but I could be wrong.

What I can assure you is that if you did pop up into that building from below and got caught you'd be in pretty big trouble from both the city and the property owner.

So...I wouldn't advise trying it even if it is possible, which I doubt.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
flaviz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by flaviz »

jammer_smith wrote:The building above is the Springfield National audio building. It is certainly still in use, and the people working in the building are aware of the hollow space below. I remember reading somewhere about people working in the building always knowing when the teenagers were sneaking into the room below to smoke because they could smell it up through the floor boards.

I doubt you can actually get up into the building from below, surly any ways in have been sealed, and the man-hole you are refering to probably leads to the street not into the building, but I could be wrong.

What I can assure you is that if you did pop up into that building from below and got caught you'd be in pretty big trouble from both the city and the property owner.

Incorrect
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

flaviz wrote:
jammer_smith wrote:The building above is the Springfield National audio building. It is certainly still in use, and the people working in the building are aware of the hollow space below. I remember reading somewhere about people working in the building always knowing when the teenagers were sneaking into the room below to smoke because they could smell it up through the floor boards.

What I can assure you is that if you did pop up into that building from below and got
caught you'd be in pretty big trouble from both the city and the property owner.

Incorrect
Please inform me.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

Where does the manhole go to that is in the dirt floor as soon as you climb up the wall?
THE THREAD KILLER!
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Down.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

I hadn't a clue.
THE THREAD KILLER!
flaviz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by flaviz »

The building above was originally the Harry Cooper Supply and is now the Brown Derby Maintenance/storage building. The manhole above goes into the small building with the loading dock attacked to the 3-story larger building. We also popped the manhole on the ground and it just goes down a bit. There wasn't a ladder do we didn't go down but we could see running water. If anyone wants more info or the address, feel free to message me.
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

Did you climb in the hole with water running out just east of Hells church? It has a dogs head painted around it I think
THE THREAD KILLER!
flaviz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by flaviz »

Twail Wetard wrote:Did you climb in the hole with water running out just east of Hells church? It has a dogs head painted around it I think
Nope we had a crowbar but didn't pop any other manholes while we were down there.