Gravitational Anomaly in Jordan Creek?!

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Gravitational Anomaly in Jordan Creek?!

Post by DeathByMoth »

So, I just received the video, I'll post it next.

Last night, Raspius and I, as well as my brother, decided we needed to find out what was down the Spring Tunnel, in Jordan Creek. That's the one just past the tacks/Hell's Cathedral, in the right passageway, on the right side, circular and low, with constant water flow. We had always wondered what was in there, because there was obvious limescale and calcification of the tunnel the water flowed out of.

I dug a limb out of an overhanging pipe nearby, where it had been snagged by past overflow, at the request of my brother, who intended to use it as a web swatter. He proceeded into the tunnel, clearing webs as he crawled. After what seemed like 30 minutes, he stopped just short of a low room, with the bottom, rusty iron rung of a ladder in sight. He said he was getting tired, and I suggested that he continue toward the room, where he could stand up to rest. He did, and upon reaching the room, found that is was very low, and the ladder we had seen was only 2 rungs in height. They didn't lead to a manhole, but rather a sealed metal plate, similar to the elevator shaft in Hell's Cathedral.

We began to discuss the likelihood of it being another basement, when he cut me off to say "Dude, the water in here is running up-hill!". At first, I assumed it was on optical illusion, as water obviously doesn't run up-hill. But he continued to exclaim his surprise. I suggested that he take a video of it, and he did. I told him specifically to look for a crest, a high point where the water was falling away from both sides. I still assumed he could be mistaken.

He made his way out, and displayed the video. He was right. It could be clearly seen in the video he took, the water was running up-hill through a metal pipe, into the small room where the video was taken, and downhill from there to where we stood. We talked about it the whole way out.

I welcome discussion on this, because I have no idea what the fuck is happening. Anyone who wishes to verify for themselves this phenomena can go see it for themselves. The webs are cleared. I recommend that you do.
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

RE: Gravitational Anomaly in Jordan Creek?!

Post by DeathByMoth »

Okay. The video, sent from an i phone to an i phone and then to an email, and then downloaded, has lost most of the quality.

Also, 'The Extension mov is not allowed' is appearing when I try to post this video. Wtf?
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

Hmm...can you e-mail it to me. Will send you a message here in a minute w/my e-mail.

Thanks.
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Re: Gravitational Anomaly in Jordan Creek?!

Post by DeathByMoth »

I used Raspius's email, hopefully you can get it posted.

The video probably looks like shit.
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Post by DeathByMoth »

Does anyone know how to upload it directly from an iphone to this site? The video quality degrades significantly every time it's transferred, and the direction of the water flow is important.
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

You'd be better off trying to upload to photobucket or mediafire or something.
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

I can't tell. Prolly photoshop'd. Lol so how far back does the tunnel go or what's at the end?
THE THREAD KILLER!
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Can't see shit in the video, but I've been meaning to check that tunnel out.
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Post by DeathByMoth »

Yeah I know, the video is crappy as hell. I'm hoping to post it directly from the phone that took it to here. I use photobucket, I didn't realize you could upload videos. The original clearly shows the direction of waterflow, as well as having audio. We talked during it, and it shows that it isn't reversed.

Anybody can go see this themselves, it's pretty easy to get in there if you're under 6 feet. If you're taller than that, it'd be best to use a board or rollers, although you can still crawl in. I'm not saying this to trick someone into investigating, this is really happening. Water is flowing up fucking hill.

The webs were thick as hell when we saw it, they're all cleared out... for now. I would HIGHLY recommend that anyone who can see this does so. Because water is flowing up-hill. Fucking up-hill.

Seriously, how does that happen? I'm gonna Google that shit right now.
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Post by DeathByMoth »

Gravity Hill?

From Wikipedia:

A gravity or magnetic hill is a place where a slight downhill slope appears to be an uphill slope due to the layout of the surrounding land, creating the optical illusion that water flows uphill or a car left out of gear will roll uphill, among others. Many of these sites have no specific name and are instead often simply referred to as 'Gravity Hill' or 'Magnetic Hill'

This could be it. I'm gonna see if there are any confirmed cases of it actually occurring.
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Post by DeathByMoth »

It could be that the water flows downhill further down, and leaves the water with enough momentum to continue upwards, assisted by surface tension.
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

The video is hard to tell the water direction. My camera phone has the same problem with quality.

Plan on trying to visit the area, and see it though.

The youtube video does have sound. I double checked.
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Post by DeathByMoth »

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/modding/20 ... s_uphill/1

This article mentions that they've only made this occur at 12 deg. angles and less. That a ribbed surface is used. That it requires heat.

The pipe is metal, warm to the touch, ribbed, and rises less than 10 deg. I thought heat might be playing a role. Come to think of it, that water doesn't flow out of there in the colder months.
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

Definately odd to say the least.