Who dammed up Siphon Spring Cave?

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Who dammed up Siphon Spring Cave?

Post by jammer_smith »

Went out yesterday to see how dry the cave might be with, ya know, a drought going on and all. Found that the mouth of the cave had been dammed up a bit. Doesn't the railroad own that land?

I have 2 theories:

1: Some kids dammed it up to have a cold water hole to splash around in.

2: Maybe a grotto did it so the water would back up and keep the cave at least partialy wet through this drought so the environment wouldn't be ruined by the cave drying out down to a tiny trickle.

thoughts?

Also.....the river is terribly dry, even right below the spring. Dry almost all the way across with only a few small channels flowing, or large stagnant pools.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Re: Who dammed up Siphon Spring Cave?

Post by gimpface »

Swimmin' hole seems likely.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Probably just for fun. We have a year-round, spring-fed creek on our property, and we have always built dams. Just because we can.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Post by DeathByMoth »

Huh.

Raspius, Veruth and I were all there less than two months ago, so it must have been done recently. Better question: Adequate swimming hole now?
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!