Vampire Tunnels

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
jakobkay60
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Vampire Tunnels

Post by jakobkay60 »

So im not sure if this is name for this area or not but last weekend me and some friends were downtown and a friend of mine told us about this place so we decided to explore it. This location is off main street on the opposite side of the Hotel of Terror in a parking lot on the other side once you park there is a small ladder where you can climb down into a drainage tunnel. Id say the tunnel is about 1/2 mile or so tons of cool graphitti and there even was a shopping cart down there. Towards the end you cannot get out of the tunnel without climbing a fence. pretty wicked place im not sure if Vampire tunnels is the name or not but thats what my buddy blake called it.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Vampire Tunnels

Post by Nicotti »

That would be the jordan creek tunnel. And there are plenty of threads here on it for you to search for.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
jakobkay60
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Vampire Tunnels

Post by jakobkay60 »

Sorry as me being a noob here i havent really looked around thanks for letting me know tho.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Just setting you straight on the name. :)
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

Welcome aboard the site. Dont feel so bad on the name. I have heard stories about people who believe they are vampires in that area, but have never ran into any of them. :wink: Each person has thier own name they give to a place. :)

Anyways, dont let something as small as the name get to you.

Welcome to the site. Would like to hear any other places you come across. :D
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Post by DeathByMoth »

jakobkay60, did you see 'Hell's Cathedral'? It's a small room under the tracks, you have to climb to get up there. Also, you don't have to climb any fences at any point, the tunnel goes clear through. When it exits on the eastern side you can simply walk around the short fence. It's also worth noting that this is the launch point for Tunnel Rafting.

There's a lot more to explore in that whole general area. Have you been back? Also, if you go to Central, there are a shitload of places to check out around there too, like the tunnel that runs under Central Street by the Stadium.
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

Probably called vampire tunnels based on the Callie Wiggins incident a few years back. Who remembers that?
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Post by DeathByMoth »

You talkin about the girl that was "forced" to participate in "satanic rituals" in the Tunnels? That was such a load of B.S. A bunch of goth kids just went in there to get trashed and play wicca, and those Vampire the Masquerade queers were all over the tunnels for a while. I wish that hadn't stopped, there was literally nobody easier to fuck with. Those guys seriously thought they had 'powers'.
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

Jammersmith, yes i have heard stories, which is why i'm not suprised of the name the person gave it.

Hopefully, they did find the other room area in jordan tunnels. I sent them a e-mail last night mentioning it. :)
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

Did that shopping cart come from any of the BBQs there? LOL
Kit wrote:I am old
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

Cart?? Did i miss something??? :?
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

Yes you missed something
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

bbq and cart. I do see the post about the cart, but i'm confused about how it was decided where it came from. Oh well, LOL.
seekingcerulean
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by seekingcerulean »

Ah, yeah, the cart, I had to drag my friends away as they were far too tempted to put someone in it and ride around. They also killed quite a few fish, so sorry if you happen across any beheaded ones. I definitely need to find new exploring buddies...

Does anyone know how to get to the other room up there, I guess it has sculptures or something? I tried to find it last week, but no one that I was with was completely sure where it was, although we did find a two-headed dragon further in the tunnels. I'm kind of wondering if the room's still open, especially since they took down the statue that used to hang from the ceiling...
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

Notice the ? in my post... nothing was decided.