The New Website

Read about other UE sites/blogs/channels/etc. Announce your website updates here!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

The New Website

Post by SubLunar »

I realized long ago that my blog isn't very navigable. And the new stuff always buries everything underneath it. So if you wanted to see something in particular, you'd have to click through a ton of links to find it.

Not that you care and you've probably never looked at the blog... but:

The new website features all the locations on one page. They can be viewed through a spiffy slideshow viewer by clicking on the thumbnail, or if you click on the title of the entry instead, it will take you to that location's page with the full write-up and simple direct links to the images (which is good for those whose computers don't like javascript).

Furthermore, I will have separate organizational menus so that you can select locations by type: Industrial, Institutional, Residential, etc. This will cut down on being bombarded with everything on one page and will further ease the viewing process when looking for something specific.

In addition, I will post any videos and any other things that don't quite fit into the regular blog format here.

It's barely put together and it's not nearly finished. So far I've only got a handful of locations on the gallery page, but I will be adding all of them over time.

I'm not going to spam updates on this thread and my blog thread. All the new exploration updates will still be posted in the blog thread. I just felt that the website deserved its own thread.

I've been writing/modifying the code one line at a time, so it's going to be a while before I'm done. But for now, it's at the point where I'm satisfied with the look and feel. I just have to fill in some spots here and there and just keep adding content.

Let me know what you think of it so far.

http://sublunar.info/photography.html
radguy
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: The New Website

Post by radguy »

Very Nice
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: The New Website

Post by SubLunar »

Thank you, sir. There's gonna be lots more to it by the time I'm done.
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

Looks great! For some reason though, some of it is in a different language for me. Armour, St. Mary's, Clemens, and Falstaff are the only ones in English.

The rest of them say this:

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In nulla magna, bibendum at consequat vitae, ultricies vitae mi. Fusce eget urna ac libero vehicula accumsan at in dui. Integer porttitor adipiscing dolor, ac gravida arcu fringilla eget. Morbi sagittis congue viverra. Donec viverra consequat egestas. Suspendisse eget justo eu nibh mattis porttitor. Phasellus rutrum malesuada sollicitudin. Nam sollicitudin augue vitae sem sollicitudin vulputate. Pellentesque vel eros erat, eget sagittis tortor. Integer sagittis dolor vel nisi fermentum at placerat velit rutrum."

Here's what it means and somewhat of an explanation as to why it has happened.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum
http://www.stadiastudio.com/blog/why-do ... t-08052010
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Oh, yeah I should have mentioned that's just dummy text I put in there. it's still under construction and I haven't re-written those posts yet.

I'm coding the website by hand (and the occasional template I find online) using nothing but notepad. Everything has been modified by me to some degree if not written from scratch by myself.
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

Looks great!
ucitygal
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by ucitygal »

That is a seriously awesome website... I need a design like that for my photography website (vs my blog).

Can't wait to see it when it's fully up and running.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I have completed the new basic gallery on all posts. The basic gallery requires no clicks and no scripting, thus allowing it to be cross-browser compatible. Simply click on the name of the post and hover the mouse over the images.

Furthermore, I have done a significant amount of research and added many locations from my blog to it, complete with additional background information that the blog did not have.

Various portions of the site are still under construction and I am always working behind the scenes to make the layout smoother and more efficient. So things are still constantly evolving as I work to add more locations and data to it.

The goal of this website is to provide comprehensive pertinent (and background) historical information on these locations, at the same time providing an easy to navigate online gallery of all of the locations that I've had the pleasure of photographing. So although it is commercial in nature, I hope that the commercial aspect of the photography never overshadows or drowns out the historical documentary function I try to provide through it.
ucitygal
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by ucitygal »

Seriously awesome. I've only looked at a few but I really like the layout and interactivity.

In addition to, of course, the awesome research and photos.
Rosie Cheeks
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Rosie Cheeks »

Your website is looking awesome! I love all the information you include with your pictures. Love it!!
Cursed with brains..
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Eh. You were wrong Sub, it isn't your cock that makes all the girls swoon over you.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I know that, silly. It's my ability to summon small woodland creatures with my universally recognized mating call.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

And store them in your ass?
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Rosie Cheeks
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Rosie Cheeks »

Nicotti wrote:Eh. You were wrong Sub, it isn't your cock that makes all the girls swoon over you.
Well its that, plus his cool website and his irresistible mating call (though not real sure why it works on me seeing as I am not a small woodland creature?!)....

I heart the word, cock.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Just wanted to say that my pictures have returned. If they're not loading for you, try refreshing your browser/cache.

I will be transferring a lot of my photo hosting to my website to avoid the bandwidth cap that photobucket implements. I will leave the photos intact on photobucket so as to not leave a string of broken images everywhere through these forums. Anyway, the bandwidth issue shouldn't happen again.