They killed Shane??

You can talk about anything here
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

They killed Shane??

Post by BROUSER »

Okay, so they killed Dale, and he played the role of the super-ego, the higher conscience, the influence of the morals of an advanced society. His role could be filled by memory, sort of a martyr. A "What would Dale do?" sort of thing. But Shane provided the Id role, the rabid self-protection, the preservation of self, do-whatever-it-takes to live and thrive. How are they going to get along without that? Will the whole group descend?
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Re: They killed Shane??

Post by GlassCurtain »

Well F! I haven't seen the latest episode yet. Oh well, Shane was starting to get annoying. He was a malcontent that was dividing the group. Daryl is my favorite.

I liked season 1 better. I liked that they were moving around to new places encountering new people. Once they settled down, it became boring just watching group dynamics with a little walker killing thrown in.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: They killed Shane??

Post by SubLunar »

I have no idea what the fuck we're talking about.
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Re: RE: They killed Shane??

Post by redox »

SubLunar wrote:I have no idea what the fuck we're talking about.
NASCAR driver assassination conspiracy
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

Is this about the cons that help cops show?
Kit wrote:I am old
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Well, in the comic Shane was dead LONG before they got to this point. He wasn't around for all the hoopla at Herschel's farm. And afterward Rick really descends into the rabid self-protector role more than he has been.

Also, in the comic, Carl killed Shane as a human being, not as a zombie. I wish they would've kept it that way.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

Kit wrote:Is this about the cons that help cops show?
Nope. The walking Dead. Yay zombie apocalypse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub8FXMPT7oU

The first season is on netflix instant.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Ah, ok. That's not bad actually. I got the first season out of a redbox once and it was cool. I've been waiting for the second season to show up there but it hasn't happened yet. The gf doesn't get any tv channels and I only get one, so we're limited to dvd's for all television purposes.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

I still have no idea what you are talking about.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

SubLunar wrote:Ah, ok. That's not bad actually. I got the first season out of a redbox once and it was cool. I've been waiting for the second season to show up there but it hasn't happened yet. The gf doesn't get any tv channels and I only get one, so we're limited to dvd's for all television purposes.
They're still on the second season. They took a hiatus in the middle of the second season to film. It ends next week.
crazydrummerdude wrote:I still have no idea what you are talking about.
Well if you've read our posts in this thread I would hope that simple deduction would lead you to the conclusion that we're talking about a tv show. That, coupled with my youtube link, should sum it up.

redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

Only saw season one. Pretty awesome show.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

White Rabbit wrote:Well, in the comic Shane was dead LONG before they got to this point. He wasn't around for all the hoopla at Herschel's farm. And afterward Rick really descends into the rabid self-protector role more than he has been.

Also, in the comic, Carl killed Shane as a human being, not as a zombie. I wish they would've kept it that way.
I feel fortunate not to have read the comic so I can just enjoy the show. Later I can go back and read the comic.
I'm looking forward to the season finale. More zombies!! That's what the show has been lacking. We're getting one or two zombies per episode, and now the zombie hordes are about the descend on the farm.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

GlassCurtain wrote:Well if you've read our posts in this thread I would hope that simple deduction would lead you to the conclusion that we're talking about a tv show. That, coupled with my youtube link, should sum it up.
Yeah, I was being facetious.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

I dont know what you guys are talking about
Kit wrote:I am old
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

BROUSER wrote:I feel fortunate not to have read the comic so I can just enjoy the show.
Eh, they've deviated so far from the comic already that I don't feel like I know what's coming now.
I'm looking forward to the season finale. More zombies!! That's what the show has been lacking. We're getting one or two zombies per episode, and now the zombie hordes are about the descend on the farm.
Yeah, they have not been able to have as many zombies in the show as the comic due to budget constraints.

Like, remember that scene at the beginning of the season where they're stuck on the highway and they hide under/in the cars while a shitload of zombies walks through? That was actually supposed to be what they start calling "herds" and it was supposed to have like 10,000 fucking zomibes in it. They just didn't have the budget for all the CGI and shit to do it.

I'm hoping they get a little more crazy with the amount tonight. The show hasn't really gotten across the point that there are solid impenetrable walls of zombies all around the way the comic has.