New Members & Meetups

All meetups, whether UE or non-UE, should be posted in this forum
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: New Members & Meetups

Post by SubLunar »

Hi. I'm pretty good. Kinda hungry right now. You?
LonelySnorkeler
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: New Members & Meetups

Post by LonelySnorkeler »

Hey everyone. I'm a newbie. I live in Fayetteville, grew up all around Fayetteville, but graduated high school from Calico Rock (pretty cool ghost town there). I've followed this site for a long time, back before I was old enough to participate, now that I'm capable of doing so I would really like to get to know some of you in the Fayetteville area! Feel free to PM me!
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Welcomes all around.
Preservation over plunder.
GoFurther
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GoFurther »

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself...

I've always been interested in photographing the long forgotten...

Born and raised in Upstate, NY. As a kid I'd sneak out of the house in the middle of the night, so I could explore the abandoned subway system that was left to decay beneath the city streets. As much as I love exploring urban decay, I love the everything that can be discovered in the great outdoors...

I'll go almost anywhere, I'll explore almost anything... I'll do what is necessary to see something new, can capture it on film. At the end of the day, I've got to make sure I make it back to my family in one piece.

Any suggestions for great places to explore anywhere around the Bella Vista, AR area... let me know. I'm always interested in meeting up and exploring with like minded people.
thepinkbyrd
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by thepinkbyrd »

Hi.
Here's a quick intro:
I live in Kansas City. I have helped plan a few campouts over the last few years. I like cats, knitting, abandoned spots and the underground. Don't freak out if you hear meowing while out with me. Also I'll warn you when I'm going to pull a princess card and cannot make it through something.
Meow.
DigitalNinja
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by DigitalNinja »

thepinkbyrd wrote:Hi.
Here's a quick intro:
I live in Kansas City. I have helped plan a few campouts over the last few years. I like cats, knitting, abandoned spots and the underground. Don't freak out if you hear meowing while out with me. Also I'll warn you when I'm going to pull a princess card and cannot make it through something.
Hey! Glad you joined!

Oh, and guys, if she uses her princess card, it probably means only a total psycho with a death wish would go any further. She's hard core.
bloodofthefae
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by bloodofthefae »

Hey, I live in Aurora and I have been lurking here for a whlie before making an account.

I have interest in photography and love old buildings. I have only been to a few places that you can get to without trespassing and would like to meet new people and hopefully get some pictures up soon ish.

- Sindri
dundahmifflin
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by dundahmifflin »

Hey! I'm originally from Texas, but moved to Normandy this past June. I absolutely love Missouri, and it has so much more than what I had imagined initially. I guess I'm still relatively new to urban exploration, but my interest started around two years ago in my home city. Now I can't enough of it. St. Louis has so much offer in terms of abandonment, it makes me both sad and excited.

Let me just say I'm in love with this site already. It's exactly what I needed.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

welcome!
UrbanRappeller
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by UrbanRappeller »

Hello Jim and others.
I am new and I do not not ever post, clearly. : )

Anyway, new to the group. Not new to the area. Lived here for 24 of 27 years. I have rappelled down plenty of abandoned, under-construction and occupied buildings. I enjoy the thrill of exploring.

Has anyone here been to that abandoned theme park down towards Jasper, Arkansas? It is badass looking. Never had anyone brave enough to go with me. Old wooden buildings and footbridges, etc. Would be a park far off and hike in operation. The name of the place is on the tip of my tongue. Can't think of it.
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

If you ever want to meet up and do some exploring let me know.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: RE: New Members & Meetups

Post by Nicotti »

UrbanRappeller wrote:Hello Jim and others.
I am new and I do not not ever post, clearly. : )

Anyway, new to the group. Not new to the area. Lived here for 24 of 27 years. I have rappelled down plenty of abandoned, under-construction and occupied buildings. I enjoy the thrill of exploring.

Has anyone here been to that abandoned theme park down towards Jasper, Arkansas? It is badass looking. Never had anyone brave enough to go with me. Old wooden buildings and footbridges, etc. Would be a park far off and hike in operation. The name of the place is on the tip of my tongue. Can't think of it.
If you're talking about Dogpatch then, yes many of us have been.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Deadnotsleeping
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Deadnotsleeping »

Hello everyone, I'm kind of new here but I haven't posted here in a little bit. I'm going to try to be more active here but I might go MIA for a while because of university stuff. As for caves, I've got nothing.
Daystar1
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Daystar1 »

Nicotti wrote:Welcome new peoples!

Just a fyi, I'm not as trusting of random peoples as lr is so don't expect me to share all my good locs until I've met you in person and/or explored something with you. Nothing against you personally, that's just how I operate.

Large cash payoffs may be substituted for "meeting or exploring together."
I too believe a healthy dose of paranoia can save your ass a lot of trouble.
If I have offended you you must have needed to be offended.
basshogz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by basshogz »

What up what up, my names chino.

As a new memeber, I just want to know where some caves are, live in the northwest Arkansas region and am willing to travel as far as southern MO.

ill meet with anyone if it means going underground!