New Members & Meetups

All meetups, whether UE or non-UE, should be posted in this forum
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: New Members & Meetups

Post by mindwaave »

I don't have a vagina to be vulnerable to saltine/yeast infections with, so I think I'll opt for the exploring option should it arise. Let me know gents.
Preservation over plunder.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Maybe this would be a good time to spend a couple of hours experimenting with photographing flaming balls of steel wool. That's fun, and less likely for one to be arrested.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
H311RA151N
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: New Members & Meetups

Post by H311RA151N »

Hello everyone. I have lived in South West Missouri my whole life. I found this site looking for new caves to explore. I have been in the Spanish cave, a cave along the Current River near Pulltite and of course all the ride through or cave tours around this area.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Hey, welcome to the forum.

-Ayn Rand
H311RA151N
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by H311RA151N »

Thank you!

There is a lot of interesting things on this forum. I’m sure it will keep me busy for a while.
hightekkrednek
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by hightekkrednek »

Hi there folks.. I am from Mountain Home area in north central Arkansas. Though I program software by day and repair atvs and motorcycles in the evenings.. my true passion is the outdoors as is everyones in this household. We spend every single weekend out in the woods exploring new trails on our atvs, a great deal of time walking off the trails to points of interest and lots of online satellite time reviewing previous/upcoming tracks and seeing what might be of interest out there that we missed to go see next time. We have found lots of caves, old home places, war history and grave sites over the years that were never marked on any map nor informed by others of.. most of which are in the Sylamore National Forrest in Baxter and Izard County's.

While doing some research, I FINALLY(surprised I havent until now) happened across this site and seem to have stumbled across what seems to be several like minded folks in my general area.. Absolute pleasure to find you guys and looking forward to getting acquainted with you.

I find myself posting alot of my pics on facebook.. and while the interest from everyone is great.. alot of them seem more interested in gathering the coordinates to put in a book. I kindly decline coordinates to those who I know have no real interest in simply enjoying the relics of the past and find that inviting them to go out with us to explore new places(put some work in trampsing through woods and thorn thickets).. and to my delight that has weeded out the ones wanting easy money and even more importantly, those looking for a place to vandalize.

I have spent a great deal of time over the last few days reading through the posts you guys have here and am pleased to have found a place where it seems people simply appreciate the little treasures out in nature and are driven more to enjoy them and leave them as they were when they arrived.

Between work and being out away from my net connection, I wont get a chance to start posting many pics right now.. but, over the next few weeks you should start seeing some posts popping up from me.

Last weekend we found an old home place tucked back behind a brier patch off of an atv trail and some indian graves.. the weekend before that was an old salt-petre cave, which we have only completely explored one of the three tunnels.. and another cave about a mile away from there that we momentarily dropped into and found ourselves needing more lighting to go further.. ending that trip with hoisting one another out with my atv winch(that was fun).

There is another cave down Hwy 14 south from Yellville.. I have spent days wondering around that cave and haven't found the ends of it to be anywhere in sight, and have led several small groups through it to still be hearing about their excitement years to follow.. also looking for some other experienced spelunkers to join me in further exploring this underground maze.

All that said, looking forward to getting to know you guys better and hopefully finding ourselves wondering nearly lost together in the woods someday.. for nothing great can be found by staying on already beaten down paths.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Suddenly i wished i still lived closer to arkansas.

Welcome to the forum! :D

-Ayn Rand
hightekkrednek
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by hightekkrednek »

Nicotti, thank you!
radguy
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by radguy »

Hightekkredneck welcome to the site.

I'm interested in an area around a mine north west of Yellville. Need to make me a trip up that way. The caves would be a nice extra.
hightekkrednek
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by hightekkrednek »

Radguy, Thanks! mines have always interested me, but I've never actually ventured into one.. something I figured I would hold of on until I had folks around me that were far more familiar with the important things to watch out for in them(gasses, smells, etc).. and with my lack of knowledge it would be hard for me to estimate when rocks have shifted or fallen in a mine, since it was all within the last couple hundred years usually at most... while caves I have always been comfortable with since its easy to tell if movement has happened with in a couple of years(1-100 +/-) or much longer. I tend to look around quite a bit at the rocks that have fallen and the current ceiling state, and try to place a timeline on various parts of the cave and past movements/cave-ins.. and watch each time I go back to see some differences. I've been in some caves that have had small to large amounts of changes from cave ins each time I have returned.. gosh those get concerning... lol. Gimmie a shout if you decide you want someone to meander around some mine shafts with ya, I'm game.
hightekkrednek
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by hightekkrednek »

Oh, Radguy, just noticed your location.. lots of nice area down there. I've spent lots of time riding atvs from Moccasin Gap to gosh knows where through trails and service roads. Definitely going back this summer.
cavejunkies
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cavejunkies »

nice to meet ya , if your ever around madison county gives us a shout ,we'll explore anywhere,just dont let my girlfriend lead she has a way of finding more thistles and thorns then any one i know lmao,
radguy
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by radguy »

Hightekkrednek I am wanting a uranium sample from the shale near the old bear hill mine between Yellville and Dodd City.

http://www.ozarkhistory.com/BearHIll.html
lonewolf
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lonewolf »

Hi everyone. How's it going?
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Hi. Relatively good, thanks for asking.

-Ayn Rand