Near the WTFarm

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Near the WTFarm

Post by Underdog »

Anyone ever been to this place? I didn't go all the way in but a stream feeds into the area and doesn't seem to flow back out. This makes me believe it has a sink hole or something. The area reminds me of WTFarm and is only like two blocks away from it. Probably owned by the same people. Except for the stream area it is fenced in.

The upper circle is WTFarm, lower one is the new place.
Attachments
rabbits.JPG
rabbits.JPG (29.28 KiB) Viewed 10490 times
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Near the WTFarm

Post by White Rabbit »

I haven't been there, but WTFarm is a sinkhole, so it wouldn't surprise me if that other place is, too.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

You know what? I have seen that place, as a matter of fact. In fact, I see it every time I go to the movies, and every time I stop and think "hmm, wonder what's over there?" but I've never, ever taken the time to find out. I have been to the WTFarm, however.

Speaking of the Backwards Theater (which is what we call it - it faces away from the road), has anyone ever noticed the double-doors on the second floor that just open out into thin air? It's a weird place.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

Hmm, I need to go back there and check it out. I just figured if there was anything really cool in it I would of heard about it already. It looked pretty cool the small distance I went inside. It all sloped downward most likely to a sinkhole. Maybe it will be a sink hole we can fit inside like at erie!
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Near the WTFarm

Post by Hiccup »

Sertile wrote:Speaking of the Backwards Theater (which is what we call it - it faces away from the road), has anyone ever noticed the double-doors on the second floor that just open out into thin air? It's a weird place.
what?
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

That southern circle is a sink hole. That's why it's fenced off so that noone will fall in or get hurt and sue the land owner... also the fence is there so that it doesn't get filled in and cause flooding problems. As far as the WTFarm Mort Lines (90 years old, fomrer vice prez. of L.E. Lines Music that used to be downtown) said that when he pledged a frat at Springfield HS (now Central HS) that building was where he had his initiation... it's an old barn and silo... just try to imagin that whole area as nothing but farmland and Cambell and Republic Rd as just narrow dirt crossroads! Thats what they were like back in the 1930's.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

Willard wrote:As far as the WTFarm Mort Lines said that when he pledged a frat at Springfield HS (now Central HS) that building was where he had his initiation...
what was his initiation?

im surprised it wasnt to go to a dept store and shit in the fitting rooms
yet another thing i love about my job
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Hiccup wrote:im surprised it wasnt to go to a dept store and shit in the fitting rooms
yet another thing i love about my job

LOL welcome to retail! Anywho I don't remember all of what he told me about but it was in the barn.

Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

what?
What what?

The doors are on the southern side of the building, second floor. Reminds me of a barn loft. Probably used them to get the projection equipment inside, I just always thought they were funny.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

What the duce is WTFarm??
Anne has left the building.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Anne wrote:What the duce is WTFarm??
It's that overgrown abandoned ruins sunk in the ground that face Cambell that the Campbell 16 Theater sits behind. Backyard Burgur is just to the south of this.

Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

DON'T get the bleu cheese burger at BYB. A word to the wise.
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

Sertile wrote:What what?

The doors are on the southern side of the building, second floor. Reminds me of a barn loft. Probably used them to get the projection equipment inside, I just always thought they were funny.
oh--you said something about theater and i thought you were talking about campbell theater because that was mentioned too
so i was all confused
i was like 'campbell theater has a second story? with double doors that lead to nowhere...?'
yes, my own little world is intriguing
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

Anne wrote:What the duce is WTFarm??
yeah
is it a friggin barn or theater or what?
im confuuused....i want my mommy
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

It's a derilect piece of crap former farmhouse in a sinkhole BEHIND the Campbell 16 MOVIE theater.