MSU Tunnels

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

MSU Tunnels

Post by liesreality »

After reading through some of the old posts, and with some helpful advice from some members, I am wondering if anyone knows of way into the MSU tunnels, that is still accessible.

I had one member tell me there is a webcam that watches the area.

A couple of members have told there is no longer a way in, without knowing someone.

Has anyone been there recently and know a way in? Also, is there a webcam that watches the entrance? :D
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Re: MSU Tunnels

Post by Kit »

There is a webcam and no way in currently
Kit wrote:I am old
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

RE: MSU Tunnels

Post by liesreality »

Thanks. I know someone mentioned to me in a message that they got in during a construction area. Do you know if they are still doing construction and that spot may be open?
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

So what do they do if they find you in the tunnel? Ask you to leave or what?
THE THREAD KILLER!
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

I would imagin they'd yell at you to get out more than likly, worse case scenario they would charge you with tresspassing. That is of course assuming that you didn't break or vandalize anything or give any reason to suspect that you did.

I heard a story of a guy once exploring an abandoned factory or somthing, and he picked up a crowbar he found in the site. He didn't bring it with him, but found it and went "hey cool, a crowbar.", which is understandable. He was caught by the cops and instead of tresspassing they charged him with the much more severe breaking and entering because he had the crowbar. He says he walked through a busted down door that was like that when he got there, but they had enough to charge.

You always gotta remember, if you get charged, and what that charge happens to be, can be largly dependant on the perception of the arresting officer.

I was once exploring an abandoned school and the cops pulled up outside and called me out via megaphone. They told me to put my hands up, patted me down, they had a drug dog, it was really intimidating. I told them I was just there to take pictures and that I thought odl decaying buildings looked cool. I had my camera dangling from my wrist and showed them that I was taking pictures. After that they let me go with a warning. If I had come out dressed like a hoodlum and carrying a crowbar, even if I had just been taking pictures, it probably would have gone different.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

jammer_smith wrote:I told them I was just there to take pictures and that I thought odl decaying buildings looked cool. I had my camera dangling from my wrist and showed them that I was taking pictures. After that they let me go with a warning. If I had come out dressed like a hoodlum and carrying a crowbar, even if I had just been taking pictures, it probably would have gone different.
This is why I no longer carry the rusted piece of steel I found outside of a place that worked amazingly well as a pry bar.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

Probably a good idea. I mean let's face it, this hobby that brings all of us here, exploration of lost and hidden places, is largly illegal. It's not a big bad, it's only a little bad. Misdemenor types stuff BUT we do court arrest and fine every time we venture forth. I am amazed there aren't more "Dammit I got picked up for tresspassing" posts.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

jammer_smith wrote: I am amazed there aren't more "Dammit I got picked up for tresspassing" posts.
I am shocked at this also. I figure at some point me and my g/f will be stopped, but we figure its worth it, to see the places. We dont have a desire to be stopped though, LOL.
We always drive by the places 1st, and see which neighbors can see us, etc. After that we take a gamble on what our gut says and decide what to do next. This is a great deal why we dont take pictures, that way no one can pinpoint us on there later. Did have a cop a long time ago tell us though, that as a general rule if the picture isnt dated, its much harder for someone to press a tresspassing charge on you though.

I will start trying to check on this place more often, and see if i cant find a way in though.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Be mindful of exif data on your digital photos.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

If there is a location where I would have a geuine fear of the property owner charging me, taking it into a court, and using the time stamp tags in my digital photos, I would probably just not go to that place. There are no shortage of locations that nobody cares about, or worst case scenario you get a property owner yelling at you.
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

I agree there are many places you can go into, that no one has been around them in a long time, or even checked up on in a long time. I live in carthage, mo, and out in the country i have been to numerous houses that are no one utilizes, nor are they for sale, and instead they are just literally rotting in the ground. Many have a great deal of stuff left behind in them that is molded, etc.
Have never been arrested either, and i dont want to be, LOL.
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

EDIT:

I am sure Kit is definately correct on a web-cam.

There is also one in the area.
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

Did you wave at it? :mrgreen:
THE THREAD KILLER!