Hahahaha! This is great. :lol:
Btw I'm a douche. That is all...
cdevon1200
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

RE: UER Chat

Post by cdevon1200 »

always a good time on the chat...

edit: I never met the kid. after this was brought to my attention, I told him I don't explore with minors...
leave nothing but beer cans, take nothing but selfies.

https://www.facebook.com/TheTexasDoor
cdevon1200
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by cdevon1200 »

and "WOW" I have 345 "likes"!

<pats self on back>

BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: UER Chat

Post by BagHead727 »

UER sucks. I glanced over their site a while back and chose to just stick with UO. People over there seem stuck up and take this way too seriously. It's too big and has too many people. I prefer low key. Also the fact that they advertise UER shirts is ridiculous. It reminds me of ghost hunters. They try to act super legit like they're professional explorers and/or photographers lol
aka "That Guy"
cdevon1200
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by cdevon1200 »

I HAVE 345 "LIKES"S!

Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

BagHead727 wrote:UER sucks. I glanced over their site a while back and chose to just stick with UO. People over there seem stuck up and take this way too seriously. It's too big and has too many people. I prefer low key. Also the fact that they advertise UER shirts is ridiculous. It reminds me of ghost hunters. They try to act super legit like they're professional explorers and/or photographers lol
Totally agree! I checked it out once and was like "hell no". Then I joined this site. Everything that gets posted there winds up here anyway, and we are an awesome group of people. :)
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

BagHead727 wrote:UER sucks. I glanced over their site a while back and chose to just stick with UO. People over there seem stuck up and take this way too seriously. It's too big and has too many people. I prefer low key. Also the fact that they advertise UER shirts is ridiculous. It reminds me of ghost hunters. They try to act super legit like they're professional explorers and/or photographers lol
+1 to all of this. If you want to increase traffic to a particular location, post it on UER. I opened a certain Theatre (it had been sealed for years, it was kind of a big deal to finally get inside) a few years ago and it didn't last very long, until the day a UER meetup rolled into town which someone, who I gave the entry info to, advertised it (as if it was their own doing that got them in which is just not cool to do when someone else hooks you up anyway-I didn't share it with a bunch of people I never met, I shared it with him)... It was sealed immediately afterward because they were being careless and set off the alarm. Like most things, it would've lasted longer if it hadn't made it to UER..

I've added one building to the database, without naming it or mapping to it, I've posted one mediocre location in the photography thread and I made a year in review thread once. Personally, I just don't think STL needs to be advertised all over UER. Nor do I need their approval. Most people over there think STL is a boring shithole and I don't mind them thinking that. We've got it pretty good over here without the added exposure. But that isn't to say that I don't share with people from out of town. I've been doing a lot of hosting lately actually..

IMO, UER is good for planning road trips with out-of-towners and drooling at European locations but that's about it. I regularly keep an eye on the midwest forum over there just to see when people give away our locations. I've successfully gotten someone to remove a(n extremely sensitive) location once.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: RE: UER Chat

Post by Nicotti »

cdevon1200 wrote:I HAVE 345 "LIKES"S!
Must be a miscount. You're not that likeable. :P
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

I've got an account there, though I haven't visited in years. Too big, too stupid, too many furries, and their little membership levels are annoying to me.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

gimpface wrote:too many furries
I wouldn't have figured furries and urbexing would go well together... You'd think they'd get beaten up or something.
cdevon1200
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by cdevon1200 »

On my drive from Plano to Sherman (Texas) every day I went past a fenced off building. One day i stopped and did a lap around the fence then went home and googled "dead mall dallas" Among other hits... uer was listed. "What" was the guys name and pics from inside were also listed. well, the next weekend, we went. I have been a member of uer from that day on. I have had my ups and downs with uer. Sub hit it by saying the rest of uer think STL is lame.

cdevon1200
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by cdevon1200 »

mindwaave wrote:
gimpface wrote:too many furries
I wouldn't have figured furries and urbexing would go well together... You'd think they'd get beaten up or something.
the grand "end of year" party for uer "full members" requires furrie attire.