No Trespassing tv series promo

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
SweetTater78
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

No Trespassing tv series promo

Post by SweetTater78 »

Livin' in the ICT!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: No Trespassing tv series promo

Post by SubLunar »

It is a great video and huge inspiration for taking video while exploring but that promo is borrowed in entirety from an independently internet famous video and it doesn't actually promote anything about a show. I'd like to see what the show itself actually consists of.

But then again, we're back to the problem of too much publicity for this inherently illegal activity. I'm sure it could be cool to watch but it increases public scrutiny of our delinquency which, while possibly giving our side the opportunity to share our experience in a positive light, it can certainly contribute to property owners becoming more aware of trespassing for fun and therefore put forth more effort to keep us out. As with all hobbies and social groups, there are the hipster elitists who think it's cool to be underground so to speak, but with this particular hobby the mostly illegal nature demands that it remain underground or face legitimate repercussions, which can actually relate to increased arrest and legal troubles for the participants. I don't care for the idea of television shows or movies based on the sport. That would be like trying to publicize any other illegal activity such as street racing or something similar. Not a good idea, IMO.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: No Trespassing tv series promo

Post by Nicotti »

Sub, did you go to their website and read the pdf about the show? They get permission from land owners to be at the places, they talk about the history of the places, and any future plans for the places.

I agree that urbex is best left without any attention given.

And I thought the vid was overly dramatic; from both the announcer and music they used.

Otherwise it looks cool.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand