Winoka Lodge Tonight

All meetups, whether UE or non-UE, should be posted in this forum
Raspius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Winoka Lodge Tonight

Post by Raspius »

So far we have about 8 people who are wanting to go drink and have a bonfire out at Winoka tonight. I was seeing if anyone on here would like to join us. We have a shit ton of homeade wine ( apple and grape) and plan on making something over the fire. Its suppose to be a chill night out with friends so if you plan on getting buck wild, dont respond or come. It should be pretty fun overall so if you are interested pm me and I can let you know what time we are all heading out, or just respond to this thread.
Raspius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Winoka Lodge Tonight

Post by Raspius »

I would like to apologize for the double post. I am posting from a laptop that is extremely messed up and it posted my thread twice. I have tried to get rid of it but I have found no way to do so. Again, sorry.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Winoka Lodge Tonight

Post by Nicotti »

only the rabbit can delete double posts...

but he doesn't usually do so, he prefers to leave it so everyone can point and laugh at you.

or something.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Raspius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Raspius »

I see... Thanks for the info. As far as Winoka tonight..We will be out there around 10 so if anyone wants to show up, then or after would be the time to do so.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

If you went out to winoka, built a bonfire and got drunk I really really really hope you got arrested.
I think something clever is supposed to go right here.
Raspius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Raspius »

Thats funny......What is wrong with a group of people eating hot dogs around a bonfire while enjoying delicious homeade wine? Mind you, everyone was of legal age, nothing was destroyed and the fire was in a pit that has been a fire pit for years. I think you are just mad because you have no life and wished you were there.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

I don't have a problem with enjoying cool places. But things like building fires on property that you don't own, inviting a bunch of people and adding alcohol to that mix tends to put a bad spin on the public view of urban explorers who are less......invasive.

Maybe I should have said I hope you didn't get caught...but really I think if you had some heavy fines thrown your way you wouldn't be so apt to do it again.....granted I've participated in those things before (see: underground barbecue)....but those things don't happen anymore for a reason.

Now if you tell me that a relative or close friend of yours owns that property I'll start singing a different tune to go with your campfire.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

David Keetz wrote:If you went out to winoka, built a bonfire and got drunk I really really really hope you got arrested.
+1million
Raspius wrote:I think you are just mad because you have no life and wished you were there.
:lol:
Yon Yonson
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Yon Yonson »

Trespassing is trespassing, either you respect the law or you don't, if nothing was damaged then Raspius was not being anymore invasive than any other "Urban Explorer" aka criminal according the law. I think that maybe your idea of getting drunk is shoving naddie down your throat until you can't tell when the "beer" stops and aluminum starts, where as others can drink a few beers without becoming a crazed hooligan.

But basically if you are an Urban Explorer on private property without permission you are a criminal, the only thing that challenges this notion is solidarity amongst ourselves. By wishing others to be arrested you figuratively become the crippled humpback in the line of Greek soldiers, and a dick. Just because you have decided that "those things" should not happen anymore does not mean everyone agrees with you, and if you have participated in them before where do you get off wishing bad fortune upon others?

Plus one million jackass points to both you buffoons.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Yon Yonson wrote:Trespassing is trespassing, either you respect the law or you don't, if nothing was damaged then Raspius was not being anymore invasive than any other "Urban Explorer" aka criminal according the law. I think that maybe your idea of getting drunk is shoving naddie down your throat until you can't tell when the "beer" stops and aluminum starts, where as others can drink a few beers without becoming a crazed hooligan.

But basically if you are an Urban Explorer on private property without permission you are a criminal, the only thing that challenges this notion is solidarity amongst ourselves. By wishing others to be arrested you figuratively become the crippled humpback in the line of Greek soldiers, and a dick. Just because you have decided that "those things" should not happen anymore does not mean everyone agrees with you, and if you have participated in them before where do you get off wishing bad fortune upon others?

Plus one million jackass points to both you buffoons.
Ignoring Rasp & CDD.

I disagree with your black & white view of things here.

-Ayn Rand
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Damn, Mothballs sure likes making new accounts..
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

crazydrummerdude wrote:Damn, Mothballs sure likes making new accounts..
^^^
I second that statement.

I've never participated in the consumption of alcohol while exploring/trespassing. I have participated in large gatherings of people on property that isn't mine..so that's what I was referring to. I can say that I always have and do still abide by the "leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures" rule.

The point is more about not giving authorities a reason to believe that you are up to no good. For me this is in the same category as carrying a firearm for "self defense" while exploring. It's just generally not a good idea. If you are simply looking around, police will USUALLY understand that you are simply a curious individual and tell you to scram. When you start piling more suspect activity on top of that, things can start getting worse quickly.

Plus......let's say you get caught out there with a fire and booze plus people. This can be considered littering, property destruction, vandalism....etc. Now they have a reason to regularly patrol and search the area and start ticketing more innocent explorers who just want to go and see the spot........so then NOBODY gets to enjoy it just because you thought it was gonna be a cool spot for your finals week celebration or whatever it was you were doing. Whereas previously, the police have only semi-routinely driven by the area and advise people not to go wandering off out there.

As far as the comment about drinking to get blasted goes, it sounds like somebody is a little defensive.....can we say "transference"?
Yon Yonson
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Yon Yonson »

The law is pretty black and white, but the cops have never really represented the law as much as their own subjective views. I think alcohol would be in the category of a beverage, not a fire arm (I'm putting my face in my palm here). As long as there is not tons of it and everyone is 21 and not trashed I really don't see how it would increase your chances of getting tickets (or ruining the spot for everyone else). Sure, a crazy party would not be good but if everyone acts like adults you really aren't more likely to get a ticket. It comes down to respecting the property and if you make it obvious that you are respectful, the cops are more likely to just give you a warning, and when you knowingly trespass you should be aware that you ARE breaking the law and you MAY be reprimanded for it.

I have never posted on this forum under any other name. The remark about drinking to get wasted was made under the assumption that CDD was a frat boy and appears to be drinking in his avatar. The remark about deserving to be arrested was inappropriate and I felt the need to say something, I apologize for making it a personal attack.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

If the law was black and white we wouldn't need judges and juries to hear cases.

-Ayn Rand
Yon Yonson
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Yon Yonson »

569.150. 1. A person commits the offense of trespass in the second degree if he enters unlawfully upon real property of another. This is an offense of absolute liability.

Chapter definitions of 569:
(8) "Enter unlawfully or remain unlawfully", a person "enters unlawfully or remains unlawfully" in or upon premises when he is not licensed or privileged to do so. A person who, regardless of his purpose, enters or remains in or upon premises which are at the time open to the public does so with license and privilege unless he defies a lawful order not to enter or remain, personally communicated to him by the owner of such premises or by other authorized person. A license or privilege to enter or remain in a building which is only partly open to the public is not a license or privilege to enter or remain in that part of the building which is not open to the public.

Seems pretty black and white to me. If we lived in a complete police state we would not need judges and juries. They determine if a person committed a crime according to the laws present at the time. They do not determine what the laws are.