hey im writing a book and need some help PLEASE..

Urban exploration in Arkansas
wbenz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

hey im writing a book and need some help PLEASE..

Post by wbenz »

alright guys i have decided to start writing a book..I HAVE WR's BLESSING...i havent titled it yet,,,im thinkin something like hidden ozarks ...anyway im using this forum for ideas and places to include in the book so id love any kind of stories or pics that you could email me anyone who contributes is up for a special thanks in the book(could just say all the wonderful ppl that helped me if you wanna remain anonymous...anyway anybody who wants to help me pm me with what you got or send me a link to what youve got posted here as well as if you wanna be mentioned or remain anonymous..im planning on breaking it down by region so locations..history of the place, or at least a county name..would be a HUGE help...i wont include anything you dont want mentioned..all that stuff..just looking for some help but dont wanna step on toes here...i wouldnt want yall upset with me...the cops would never find me LOL...anyway hope i get some help...later pplz..oh also anyonw who helps will get a signed copy when its all done..oh and i have WR's blessing so its all good
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: hey im writing a book and need some help PLEASE..

Post by Willard »

Two placed that come to mind right off are Winoka Lodge and the Albino Farm. Sad to say we're losing the Albino Farm rather quickly. Winoka Lodge I could give you some information on the name of the canyon and one or two of the springs as well as what a couple of the buildings used to be. The Albino Farm, WR has a couple of good articals up on that. Both are in Greene County near Springfield.

Heer's is a good one and I can give you plenty of exploration info on that, or I can even submit a story I wrote of the experience of exploring it the first time.

Jordan Creek Tunnel in Downtown Springfield is another good one. Also the Model Flower Mill (aka Massiah Mill) and don't forget the tall elevator part of the MFA Mill complex off of Boonville.

Heer's is the one I could give you some good stuff on though.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
crowe
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: hey im writing a book and need some help PLEASE..

Post by crowe »

i've got quite a few ooolllddd pictures from the Albino Farm from 1997 or so, if you wanted scans of them. just PM me, let me know. used to go there all the time back then.
wbenz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by wbenz »

ok ive noticed quite a few ppl have problems with me naming locations...i may just give the county and state its in and not name them
memory_machine
Resident Douchebag
Resident Douchebag

Post by memory_machine »

Or change the names of the locations. I noticed this done quite well on the old show MTV's Fear. They actually filmed in the Lemp Brewery in St. Louis, but I had no idea because they called it the Botteger Brewery. I've changed the names of some of the locations I've blogged about. Seems to work.
wbenz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by wbenz »

thats an awesome idea...i remember that show...thanks a ton i will do that for sure!!!!i owe you big time!!!!
FastElvis
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by FastElvis »

I could possibly give you a hand on many Springfield and table rock area topics like the Mo State tunnels, Dinky's, Albino Farm, Winoka, and more. Attending high-school in Spfd in the 70's afforded me many unopposed exploration opportunities.

Curious, you don't mention the cave at Doling Park (if it is still there?), and, although not technically "underground", I don't see where you mention "Hatchet Man bridge" near the Albino Farm.

I have a friend that researched Winoka with the intent to purchase the ground and actually met with many of the former owners. He now lives in LA but could provide some useful data.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

the bridge by Albino Farm is gone. A new very none impressive flat concrete bridge is there now.

Doling Park is there. The cave is gated and pretty boring.
Kit wrote:I am old
bonnaroodude
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by bonnaroodude »

Kit wrote:the bridge by Albino Farm is gone. A new very none impressive flat concrete bridge is there now.

Doling Park is there. The cave is gated and pretty boring.
What really so I wonder if the rumors were true about the old iron bridge being able to move your dar across when it was parked in neutral. I was going to drive out there, and try that in the middle of the night seems kinda worthless to me now...
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

that wasnt the story when i went to Hillcrest in the 90s

kids make up stupid stories
Kit wrote:I am old
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

I'm not allowed to own a dar...
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Post by DeathByMoth »

Glad to see the enthusiasm, wbenz, but did you say you were writing a book? As in, people reading said book? I may be going out on a limb here, but isn't literacy kind of essential for a writer? You don't quite seem to grasp concepts like punctuation, capitalization, grammar, correct sentence format... really, I could go on. I'm quite certain that these are all relevant, nigh, crucial skills for one taking on such a project. I'm not trying to dash your dreams here but, realistically, you will never get published if you sound like an illiterate schoolkid, and nobody will really take you seriously.

Also, you'd better get White Rabbit's blessings before you start...