Celebration city?

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Atlas88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Celebration city?

Post by Atlas88 »

Not to overstep my newb chains or anything (this is my 2nd created thread and my 3rd post in total) But is there any development going on at the Celebration City lot?

A friend of mine mentioned it and got me thinking about it today. The thought of exploring barren wastelands of kiddie rides and rollercoasters (i think there were 3) took over my mind and led to me posting this. :?
mjames
Prodigal Son Returns
Prodigal Son Returns

Re: Celebration city?

Post by mjames »

I would assume there is probably still a good amount of security there because it is a pretty good piece of real-estate with plenty of modern-ish stuff i wouldn't just let rot.

The same thought has crossed my mind before though, be prepared to explain yourself to the authorities or park in a very weird place with plenty of energy for running.
Back in Black!
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Last thing I heard, they were thinking about putting some sort of aquarium in there. A church rents the "castle" and several other buildings on the property. It is actively patrolled.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
Atlas88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Celebration city?

Post by Atlas88 »

Damn! Oh well, maybe in 15 years :roll:
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Post by DeathByMoth »

Have you been out to Dogpatch, USA? My relatives worked there a long time ago, and I know it's abandoned. It's probably in a state of disrepair, but it may be pretty close to what you're looking for.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

DeathByMoth wrote: It's probably in a state of disrepair...
:lol: :lol:
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

DeathByMoth wrote:Have you been out to Dogpatch, USA? My relatives worked there a long time ago, and I know it's abandoned. It's probably in a state of disrepair, but it may be pretty close to what you're looking for.
Check the Arkansas forum for the Dogpatch threads. Plenty there, and the theme park itself, many of the old log cabins have been fixed up before some rich bastards filed suit over their son almost being decapitated on the property (he was trespassing and it was deep on the property riding his 4-wheeler and there was a chain run across one of the roads... I declare shinanigans!).
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude