Last night I dreamt...

You can talk about anything here
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Last night I dreamt...

Post by RedRook »

I have a reoccurring dream where I build a boat from scratch. The boat goes together a little different every time. It's a simple boat. It's a quiet activity. I do it by the lake, and I don't finish. I'm still happy. Life is good.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

It's been cloudy and raining lately and I had been researching some stuff including an old country store most of the day yesterday, which played into the dream.

I dreamt that we headed out to this place and found the country store had recently undergone some renovations and was in the process of being turned into an antique store. It was cloudy out. Not wanting to leave empty-handed, we called out to the person inside the building and asked if we could take some photos or something. She came downstairs looking a little disheveled and addressed me like I was her son at first. Quickly realizing her mistake, she apologized and explained that she hadn't seen her son in a long time, that he stopped talking to her a few years ago and she didn't know why. She seems pretty nutty but we take her up on her willingness to show us around. It was pretty lame overall and we prepare to leave as a train comes down the tracks and stops in town. There is a lot of commotion, people rushing around, and by this time the sky has cleared to reveal a huge mushroom cloud which originated far off in the distance. I ask WTF is that? And I'm told that a recent tornado went through a huge ammunition depot and it was so bad that some nukes were detonated in the event. I look at my phone and realize there's no cell service out there. I then encounter someone who has a bunker and I just wanted to leave but we decide to see if he has anything useful. Turns out this guy is the son of the crazy lady and he lives in the bunker because the town shuns him because of all the things his mother would say about him. He's got some crappy old supplies down there but nothing that would help us. So we leave and at some point I get in touch with my girlfriend but she was taken off to a "secure" location by some mandatory evacuation order. We make it back to my house and it's full of people who managed to elude the mandatory evacuation. Things are crazy outside and we have to lay low. Eventually I begin to question the motives of the people in my house when I see a mother and several children walking calmly down the road. Then I woke up.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Last night I dreamt...

Post by Nicotti »

Couple weeks ago I dreamt Sublunar was dating my gf, but she didn't like him, she liked me, so we were dating and fucking behind his back, so to speak.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

I have to start this dream somewhere after it commenced. I was in a Wal-Mart and a lady dropped something on the ground, so I politely picked it up for her. She was so appreciative that she wanted to give me a kiss. I see she is a big fat ratchet black lady with horrible sores all around her mouth. I only had time to turn before she hugged me and kissed me on the side of my neck (Ugh *shudder* I can still feel the scabs raking my skin). I broke away and ran out to my car. When I got in the car, my wife was there. She screamed, then bolted across the parking lot. I look in the rearview and see that half my neck is consumed by a huge gaping sore festering with maggots.
White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Man last night was odd for me
I dremt I was at the Lemp Haunted house with some freinds and we were laughing and everything and all was great
then some how in the middle of it all I got lost ( which for me is just so NORMAL) but then things were diffrent there were workers and the caves were new looking and light with them old light bulbs and some oil lamps it was so real i coudl smell the burnt oil?? anyway i was trying to find o my way out and everybody kept telling me to get to work oir id end up liek the othert Lemps but tye were speaking a diffrent language and i couldnt really understand it
i kep looking for a way out and i found the Majic door but i coukldnt open it and then I turned around and there was this GIAMT guy who i guess was one of THEM and he grabed me and threw me into a dark room luckly i work up freaking scarry
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Last night I had a dream that I was living in my old subdivision again. And I found a Nazi tank near the woods. I fired it up and drove it around the neighborhood like a boss. The end.
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

So I had this dream of a new style of solar tree last night. The photovoltaic cells were leaf sized, and because they were staggered like a tree, the sunlight found one no matter where it was in the sky. Even reflected light hit more than one leaf increasing efficiency. The branches were made of copper solenoids acting as reverse transducers using the force of the wind to produce a weak dirty AC current in some kind of conductive memory metal then passing through power inverters to add to the DC voltage on the live wire. The roots collected fresh water that this intermittent power then separated to oxygen and hydrogen. The hydrogen and oxygen were then pumped into tanks in the garage that burned the hydrogen to heat the house and reproduce water that drained into a rain garden out back. Does anyone have some scrap photovoltaic film laying around? I want to make a branch and connect a voltmeter to it. Electrolysis in the yard is probably a bad idea, but the rest of it might do something interesting.

The closest I can find to someone else doing this is this:
http://www.progressive-charlestown.com/ ... esign.html
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

Did I just dream up a green energy pipe bomb, sheesh.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Dreamed I was The Thing from Fantastic 4 and I and a bunch of other Marvel heroes were defending a candy factory/warehouse in Florida from Godzilla. This defense involved in-line skating, somehow.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

BROUSER wrote:Dreamed I was The Thing from Fantastic 4
I'm so sorry :(
Preservation over plunder.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

mindwaave wrote:
BROUSER wrote:Dreamed I was The Thing from Fantastic 4
I'm so sorry :(
I know, right? Not even a fan.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

I had a dream last night that White Rabbit was hunting us down and killing many of the old school UO explorers. No shit. A very graphic, scary, and vivid dream. He was not playing.
White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

redox wrote:I had a dream last night that White Rabbit was hunting us down and killing many of the old school UO explorers. No shit. A very graphic, scary, and vivid dream. He was not playing.
How did I die? Did he change up the kill method or did he do the same thing every time? We definitely need more details!

This could be prophetic!

-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Nicotti wrote:
This could be prophetic!
Last night I dreamt that I was in 8th grade and had to poop. I went to the bathroom which didn't have stalls and was open to the outside. As I'm doing my business, my classmates showed up just outside to do class photos. Super weird.

Today, I had to poop in a new place. It's a manufacturing facility with a bathroom on the ground floor, doors are open on both sides to the factory floor. I could clearly hear people talking just outside the door and I was sure that some girls had just walked in. I began to question if I was using the correct bathroom even though I was pretty sure I was.

An interesting coincidence? Or semi-prophetic poop dream?
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

SubLunar wrote:An interesting coincidence? Or semi-prophetic poop dream?
I don't believe in fate. No psychic vision. But when things fall into place... superposition.

-Ayn Rand